Elite Dangerous

Talking of Orrere, I forgot to thank you for Edison. I have an odd setup with an old Plasma telly and Edison worked straight out of the box. Fantastic program which makes finding things on planets a breeze.
Got all the Antimony.

This is the effect on the Vette's shields:

Logon or register to see this image

And this is the effect on the Cutter's shields:

My next project is to fit them both out with Reactive Surface Composite armour. I've got all the mats to engineer them to Heavy Duty and Deep Plating experimentals but its going to cost just under 1B Credits to buy both so I'm going to continue with the skimmer missions until I have 8B in the bank. :cool:

Got all the Antimony.

This is the effect on the Vette's shields:

And this is the effect on the Cutter's shields:

My next project is to fit them both out with Reactive Surface Composite armour. I've got all the mats to engineer them to Heavy Duty and Deep Plating experimentals but its going to cost just under 1B Credits to buy both so I'm going to continue with the skimmer missions until I have 8B in the bank. :cool:
One day I'll turn the Cutter into a prismatic shield tank but I'll need a few billion just to get the parts :D

Have engineered the Corvette best I can but I need to unlock the engineers I've been putting off.

Time to start an exciting new career in mining :mad:

One day I'll turn the Cutter into a prismatic shield tank but I'll need a few billion just to get the parts :D

Have engineered the Corvette best I can but I need to unlock the engineers I've been putting off.

Time to start an exciting new career in mining :mad:
You have my sympathy. Thank God I never have to mine ever sgain!

Okay help needed. I've swapped the PSU for a new one. The problem still exists.

All USB externall devices are powered. GPU LED lights up. Pressing the front panel power switch has no effect. No POST and no beeps.

Is this a fault with the front panel power switch or something else?

Okay help needed. I've swapped the PSU for a new one. The problem still exists.

All USB externall devices are powered. GPU LED lights up. Pressing the front panel power switch has no effect. No POST and no beeps.

Is this a fault with the front panel power switch or something else?
Could be the new PSU itself

Are all the power cables connected properly/pushed all the way in?

It could be the new PSU breaking down on first use, the motherboard, the CPU etc.

Try stripping it down and taking the memory out to see if you get a beep, could be memory too.

Could be the new PSU itself

Are all the power cables connected properly/pushed all the way in?

It could be the new PSU breaking down on first use, the motherboard, the CPU etc.

Try stripping it down and taking the memory out to see if you get a beep, could be memory too.
I doubt the same fault would be with the new PSU. As said, all USB devices attached are powering as expected if the PSU was working and the PC is in standby. I get absolutely no attempt by the PC to start POST so it looks like its just not getting the message to wake up.

I've double and triple checked that all connectors are in place and all components are seated correctly.

When I first built this rig I had a couple of problems with the ATX connector not being installed correctly and the RAM not seating properly but both times POST started and gave warning beeps. This time I'm just getting absolutely nothing.

I'm going to salvage the power microswitch from an old case and try wiring that in today. If that doesn't work then I'm stumped.

Changing the microswitch didn't work. I'm flummoxed!

If it was any one component then POST should flag it but the damn thing won't even POST.

Fixed it. Took the CMOS battery out for half an hour and replaced it. Works! :D

Last edited:
Enjoying this allot more now I have got my head around it.

Still getting carried though.

:lol: had 2 mates in the corvettes following me firing beams at my chieftan to restore my shields while I fought stuff.

Got my SOL pass tonight and enough to buy a Anaconda.

Just a quick heads-up for anyone still playing: from 24.5.18 to 30.5.18 trading profits are to be increased and all engineering upgrades can be accessed at one G level below normal e.g. giving your FSD G5 extended range will only cost the materials needed for G4.

Expect a queue at Dav's Hope! :lol:

on my way there now! :)
Stupid berk that I am I've spent all day engineering my FdL and Python. Couldn't be arsed to wait so I've been scooting around picking up L5 mats. Doh!

And I've just tried engineering after 00:00 UTC on 24.05.18 and still had to pay out the full whack of mats.

Went on the Frontier Forum to point out that they'd fucked it up and got an immediate ban for one week for abusing Frontier employees apparently. :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Help needed! If anyone can spare the time to take on massacre missions at Wolf 333 against the Major Systems faction it would be greatly appreciated!

We need to stop the civil war which has broken out between them and the Justice Party.

This is all BGS based so no need to sign up to a wing or anything, just turn up and take massacre missions from the Justice Party. Doesn't matter if you're on PC, XBox or PS - it all counts.

Last edited:
Well that's it I'm done with this shit.
Logged on tonight to take advantage of the weekend thing and upgrade my fsd drives to find out they've randomly changed the recipes.

What a ***** trick to pull.

Well that's it I'm done with this shit.
Logged on tonight to take advantage of the weekend thing and upgrade my fsd drives to find out they've randomly changed the recipes.

What a ***** trick to pull.
Yup. When they announced the 'extended weekend' they said we could access G5 mods for G4 materials. Most of us assumed that meant you could figure on using the existing G4 recipe and pre-load with those. Turns out they meant you only need L4 materials not L5 and the 'tweaked' G5 recipe has totally random material requirements.

I spent a f***ing week loading up on the mats I thought I would need only to find I then had to go off collecting again for the surprise mats that were never mentioned.

I now have a one week ban for verbally abusing FDev employees on the Frontier Forum. :lol:

I haven't done a skimmer mission in ages. I found them nigh on impossible. any tips?
Don't do them in SRVs.

Shoot any ground defences from your ship as you approach the outpost.

Land your ship right next to the outpost, drop your SRV and as soon as it's wheels hit the dirt immediately call it back into your ship. This causes the skimmers to spawn.

Take off and hover at least 90m above the outpost so the skimmers can't shoot at you and rain down dumbfire missile hell on their heads.

FDev have nerfed the stacking of skimmer missions now so you can only take 5 missions at once (although I've never seen more than 3 on offer at any one time since they made the change.)

Thank God I made 6 billion credits over the last month before the nerfing! :cool:

Last edited:
Yup. When they announced the 'extended weekend' they said we could access G5 mods for G4 materials. Most of us assumed that meant you could figure on using the existing G4 recipe and pre-load with those. Turns out they meant you only need L4 materials not L5 and the 'tweaked' G5 recipe has totally random material requirements.

I spent a f***ing week loading up on the mats I thought I would need only to find I then had to go off collecting again for the surprise mats that were never mentioned.

I now have a one week ban for verbally abusing FDev employees on the Frontier Forum. :lol:

Don't do them in SRVs.

Shoot any ground defences from your ship as you approach the outpost.

Land your ship right next to the outpost, drop your SRV and as soon as it's wheels hit the dirt immediately call it back into your ship. This causes the skimmers to spawn.

Take off and hover at least 90m above the outpost so the skimmers can't shoot at you and rain down dumbfire missile hell on their heads.

FDev have nerfed the stacking of skimmer missions now so you can only take 5 missions at once (although I've never seen more than 3 on offer at any one time since they made the change.)

Thank God I made 6 billion credits over the last month before the nerfing! :cool:

Ahhh, to get round the no spawning nerf? Ta :)

Back