Elite Dangerous

You were using fixed dumbfire missiles right? You just need to get them to explode somewhere near the skimmers or AA turrets to kill them.

The skimmers at Fisk are really slow to spawn and you wait a while before they show up after you've killed each wave.

I've now repped up to Allied with 6 out of the 7 factions at Wolf 333 and they are offering missions averaging 6M each for 20 missions. The 7th faction is the local version of the Ant Hill Mob so they don't hand out useful missions anyway.

I've even figured out a way to reverse the negative Fed Superpower rep when taking Fisk missions - I've shipped my Vette out there and between runs I take +++++ rep missions to kill pirate lords for the local Fed factions. Even though the +++++ rep has no effect on them as I'm already allied it still gets applied to the Fed Superpower rank so after 3 or 4 pirate lords I'm back at 100% Allied with them. :cool:

I swear to God you're missing out on probably the easiest earner I've ever seen! I've only been doing it for a day and a half (and I lost half a day by trying to make up lost Fed Rep the hard way by doing data/cargo runs) and I've earned 240M. I've only just gained Allied with all the factions tonight so from now on the money is going to start rolling in! :D If it'll help we can wing up and I'll show you how I do it.

@Giddup Sausage! you should get in on this too!

Lads, just to give you some idea of the money to be made here if you stick at it have a look at my INARA credit record over the last few days.

Logon or register to see this image

Basically I started working this site at 8pm on Thursday night. The relatively flat line after that was me getting my Rep up with the local factions to Allied. A bit of a boring grind but you can see that in the last 24 hours after becoming Allied my balance has increased by 730 MILLION credits. Thats in one frigging day! :eek:

@Nipple Salad @Giddup Sausage! @Ambivalent Squirrel @Pseudonym Number 1
I would have had another crack but my spare time has been limited with talks of funerals and whatnot. It was expected etc but it's never fun.

I log on for an hour or two to chill but anything more than a bit of A to B and my head's gone.

But I digress mate. Very impressed how you've made this work. A billion credits would come in pretty handy when I get that Corvette :)

You were using fixed dumbfire missiles right? You just need to get them to explode somewhere near the skimmers or AA turrets to kill them.

The skimmers at Fisk are really slow to spawn and you wait a while before they show up after you've killed each wave.

I've now repped up to Allied with 6 out of the 7 factions at Wolf 333 and they are offering missions averaging 6M each for 20 missions. The 7th faction is the local version of the Ant Hill Mob so they don't hand out useful missions anyway.

I've even figured out a way to reverse the negative Fed Superpower rep when taking Fisk missions - I've shipped my Vette out there and between runs I take +++++ rep missions to kill pirate lords for the local Fed factions. Even though the +++++ rep has no effect on them as I'm already allied it still gets applied to the Fed Superpower rank so after 3 or 4 pirate lords I'm back at 100% Allied with them. :cool:

I swear to God you're missing out on probably the easiest earner I've ever seen! I've only been doing it for a day and a half (and I lost half a day by trying to make up lost Fed Rep the hard way by doing data/cargo runs) and I've earned 240M. I've only just gained Allied with all the factions tonight so from now on the money is going to start rolling in! :D If it'll help we can wing up and I'll show you how I do it.

@Giddup Sausage! you should get in on this too!

Lads, just to give you some idea of the money to be made here if you stick at it have a look at my INARA credit record over the last few days.

Basically I started working this site at 8pm on Thursday night. The relatively flat line after that was me getting my Rep up with the local factions to Allied. A bit of a boring grind but you can see that in the last 24 hours after becoming Allied my balance has increased by 730 MILLION credits. Thats in one frigging day! :eek:

@Nipple Salad @Giddup Sausage! @Ambivalent Squirrel @Pseudonym Number 1

I'm about 4500 lys into deep space at the moment flying into oblivion so this prick Palin will be my mate (the fuck).

How long does each run take? With my time sometimes limited I cant just load up on 20 missions (taking 40 minutes) and then do the thing itself as I could be called away from the computer anytime during that and then thats a shit load of failed missions. Had that with the pirates quite a few times :neutral:

I would have had another crack but my spare time has been limited with talks of funerals and whatnot. It was expected etc but it's never fun.

I log on for an hour or two to chill but anything more than a bit of A to B and my head's gone.

But I digress mate. Very impressed how you've made this work. A billion credits would come in pretty handy when I get that Corvette :)
So sorry to hear of your loss, mate. I know how you're feeling and I was the same when my parents died. Its good to have something to take your mind off things even if for a short while.

I'm about 4500 lys into deep space at the moment flying into oblivion so this prick Palin will be my mate (the fuck).

How long does each run take? With my time sometimes limited I cant just load up on 20 missions (taking 40 minutes) and then do the thing itself as I could be called away from the computer anytime during that and then thats a shit load of failed missions. Had that with the pirates quite a few times :neutral:
Its complicated at the minute for me as I'm having massive issues just getting the Mission Board to load. I've reported it to FDev but I'm not holding my breath for a solution.

If you're not having the same problems then it will take about half an hour to load up 20 missions. Remember, at first you won't be allied with the factions so the missions will each be for pennies but they will mostly have the option to take a +++++ Rep reward instead so opt for those. Once you're allied they'll start offering up to 8M per mission.

Once you're loaded its one jump to Domoira and 1kLs to the planet. Once you've landed, dropped and then immediately recalled the SRV your ship just needs to hover 100m above the ground killing anything that moves with one shot per skimmer. As long as you're more than 90m off the ground the skimmers can't even shoot back!

The missions usually have a time limit of just over 1 day but the amount of time it takes to get there and take out the skimmers is around 15-20 minutes so I usually end an evening by loading 20 missions then going to bed and completing them the next day.

This is nothing like the pirate missions where you can sit for ages waiting for targets to spawn, they're regular as clockwork and its like shooting fish in a barrel. :cool:

The only fly in the ointment is if there is a ship on the landing pad with turrets as it will be able to shoot at you even though it can't take off. The solution is easy. There's a skyscraper in the middle of the outpost. Just position yourself so its between you and the parked ship's weapons and it stops shooting. I've taken out a full 20 missions worth of skimmers with an Anaconda parked 200m away and escaped without a scratch. Just remember to never touch your thrusters so you don't drift out of the safety of the buildings shadow. When you've finished all the skimmers use yaw controls to rotate so the enemy ship is directly behind you then zoom off into the horizon until the ship disappears from your scanner and then exit to orbit as usual.

p.s. Take LOTS of missiles. I use over 100 each outing. If you can get access to Liz Ryder she can G5 a Medium dumbfire missile rack to carry 120 missiles. I've got 4 of them on my FGS. :lol:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear of your loss, mate. I know how you're feeling and I was the same when my parents died. Its good to have something to take your mind off things even if for a short while.
Thanks marra. My gran looked after me a canny bit when I was little so the memories go deep, sadly for the last 15 years she's had Alzheimers.

From a logical point of view it's for the best, but grief is a tricky bassa.

I'm been slowly building up Fed rank as a sideline the last few weeks. At this rate I'll have a Corvette by September doing Vasing/Chime runs.

Just timed how long it took to clear the missions I had loaded from last night. 20 minutes from leaving dock and its done.

I’m in Engineer grind mode at the moment; faced with the long journey to unlock Palin, getting a stack of combat bonds or having to go mining for Bromelite - none of which are very appealing cos I don’t get to have extended spells on the game at the moment

Been playing this for about 20 hours now.

Earned a few hundred million so got a python and kitted it out.

Getting carried by my m8s but im starting to get the hang of it now.

Probably would of still been trying to dock if I didnt have my m8s talking me through it.

I’m in Engineer grind mode at the moment; faced with the long journey to unlock Palin, getting a stack of combat bonds or having to go mining for Bromelite - none of which are very appealing cos I don’t get to have extended spells on the game at the moment
Good luck marra!

Did that for weeks and upgraded my ships just before they announced the 3.0 engineering update :mad:

Probably would of still been trying to dock if I didnt have my m8s talking me through it.
Lone wolf me, all of my marras wouldn't be seen dead playing this :lol:

It's fair to say I've rage quit many times

Last edited:

Getting through the slot and landing are the hardest things to learn imo. Once you have that sussed it gets much easier.

Got a slap on the wrist from the owner of the FB group where I get these money-making schemes from. He did a Google search on this system and the word 'skimmer.' Top of the list was RTG.

Its a private group on FB. You only get access to it by being invited by someone else.

I'm really close to getting shut out of the group so sorry lads but I won't be sharing any other hot tips.

If anyone wants an invite to the group you'll need to PM me your FB name (you'll get to know mine as well) and I can get you in.

Meanwhile, skimmers in this system are still giving 100M+ an hour. ;)

They been messing with the payouts again? Combat missions, kill 72 pirates for 1.2m. Solo missions too not wing ones.
Turns elite back off for another month. :rolleyes:
Sounds like you're not Allied with the faction offering the mission.

I'm earning far, far more under 3.0 than I ever did prior to that. Just crossed the 7B mark tonight.

PM me your Facebook name and I'll add you to the group where you can find where all the big earners are.

After doing the engineer grind a bit I cannot get the enthusiasm to log into this again. Just cannot think of anything to do that will be fun and really can't be arsed ferrying data/cargo/shooting the same scripted ships over and over for money.

Been playing Farcry 5 which is average and very samey.

After doing the engineer grind a bit I cannot get the enthusiasm to log into this again. Just cannot think of anything to do that will be fun and really can't be arsed ferrying data/cargo/shooting the same scripted ships over and over for money.

Been playing Farcry 5 which is average and very samey.
That burned me out too tbf, when I'd finished I still had a long list of things to do like get prismatic shields, unlock even more engineers, get to elite in something, unlock a Corvette...

None of which are exciting in any way, shape or form. I gave up and had a go on Kingdom Come Deliverance, like a holiday in comparison.

Took a month or two before I started to thing about Elite again and can only play in chunks of 1-2 hours.

Currently saving up engineer materials which isn't exactly fun but good to take my mind away for a bit.

They need to fix this game starting with missions that pay out decent money for advanced players.

Exploits feel like cheating and ruin the experience of playing the game. It's just another form of grinding imo.

Yeah, I've been there before. Its probably worth a try as I've been driving round this shithole of a planet for 2 hours and have found a total of 3 rocks with Antimony in them. :-(

Cheers for reminding me about Orrere.
Talking of Orrere, I forgot to thank you for Edison. I have an odd setup with an old Plasma telly and Edison worked straight out of the box. Fantastic program which makes finding things on planets a breeze.

Back