Elite Dangerous

Been trying to unlock more engineers (fuck knows why :lol:) but I cannot get that Gwent fellas mission. I have Murtuuk wifey at stage 3, have allied with Sirius and have the permit. But the fucker never shows on the mission boards at all.

Went off trading in 50 stations to unlock the other fella (wish I'd known this earlier as I was trading data!!!!) as I got bored refreshing the boards over and over again in Sirius. I even have his thingys he wasnt in my hold to unlock the twat :evil:

Been trying to unlock more engineers (fuck knows why :lol:) but I cannot get that Gwent fellas mission. I have Murtuuk wifey at stage 3, have allied with Sirius and have the permit. But the fucker never shows on the mission boards at all.

Went off trading in 50 stations to unlock the other fella (wish I'd known this earlier as I was trading data!!!!) as I got bored refreshing the boards over and over again in Sirius. I even have his thingys he wasnt in my hold to unlock the twat :evil:
You have to have over 33% reputation at Tier 3 with Elvira before you will be given his location and you have to gain Allied status with the Sirius Corporation to get an invite BUT you will only get the invite from a system which is controlled by SC. This is why I keep telling people to go to Procyon.

You have to have over 33% reputation at Tier 3 with Elvira before you will be given his location and you have to gain Allied status with the Sirius Corporation to get an invite BUT you will only get the invite from a system which is controlled by SC. This is why I keep telling people to go to Procyon.

Got all of that. Only thing I might not have is 33% on level 3 (will need to check that) with Elvira.

***###--- NEW MONEY MAKER ---###***

Skimmer Killer Missions

Where: Wolf 333, Crown Terminal.
How: Rep-up with all the local factions until Allied.
Ignore the money rewards and only take Rep rewards until then.
Board-hop taking any mission you can get to kill skimmers in Domoira.
There are 2 locations, Broderick Installation is + security and will have a ship on a landing pad. It won't take off so ignore it - DO NOT KILL IT!!! Fisk Prospect has ++ security but no fighter. Instead it has 2 AA turrets which you'll need to take out first.
Only use dumbfire, fixed missiles. No other weapons work against skimmers when used from a ship.
To make the skimmers spawn just land your ship, deploy the SRV and immediately re-board the ship. Take off and hover 100-200m above the site and blow away anything that moves.

UP TO 120M CREDITS PER HOUR!!!

Most of your time will be spent board hopping to generate the missions as you will complete the combat within about 20 minutes!

:cool:

Skimmer Killer Missions

There are 2 locations, Broderick Installation is + security and will have a ship on a landing pad. It won't take off so ignore it - DO NOT KILL IT!!! Fisk Prospect has ++ security but no fighter. Instead it has 2 AA turrets which you'll need to take out first.
Only use dumbfire, fixed missiles. No other weapons work against skimmers when used from a ship.
To make the skimmers spawn just land your ship, deploy the SRV and immediately re-board the ship. Take off and hover 100-200m above the site and blow away anything that moves.

Most of your time will be spent board hopping to generate the missions as you will complete the combat within about 20 minutes!

Found my very own exploit googling last night when I couldn't sleep

I found out the "Megaship" Vanguard was visiting the Mentor system and buying basic medicines at 9,998 cr/t, normal price being around 350cr.

Canny if you want to level up Trader rank.

Apparently this can happen to any system thats hit famine or been attacked.

Commodity Basic Medicines - EDDB

Look in "Maximum selling stations for Basic Medicines".

Skimmer Killer Missions

I forgot to mention two things:

1. You need to land the ship within the security cordon of the outposts to get the skimmers to generate when launching the SRV and
2. DON'T SPREAD THIS ON THE FRONTIER FORUMS OR IT'LL GET NERFED!

Found my very own exploit googling last night when I couldn't sleep

I found out the "Megaship" Vanguard was visiting the Mentor system and buying basic medicines at 9,998 cr/t, normal price being around 350cr.

Canny if you want to level up Trader rank.

Apparently this can happen to any system thats hit famine or been attacked.

Commodity Basic Medicines - EDDB

Look in "Maximum selling stations for Basic Medicines".

The famine hit places are really good for making money. Even just taking data from planet to planet is canny alongside basic medicines.

I'm busy getting mats for the engineers at the mo. They really need more "things" on planets like, really boring as fuck driving about looking at nothing.

If that is still going when I'm done will deffo look into that! Cheers.

Skimmer Killer Missions

Had a go at this with a specially made Gunship but it looks like I ferked this part up

To make the skimmers spawn just land your ship, deploy the SRV and immediately re-board the ship.

I fannied about a bit, blundered into the tresspass zone, collected a ton of fines for my trouble then blundered back to the ship. Took off, and there were no skimmers just some AA cannons and they were absolutely raging. Blew them to bits, more fines and still no skimmers.

Ended up no further on with the missions with a 7k bounty :oops:

Had a go at this with a specially made Gunship but it looks like I ferked this part up

I fannied about a bit, blundered into the tresspass zone, collected a ton of fines for my trouble then blundered back to the ship. Took off, and there were no skimmers just some AA cannons and they were absolutely raging. Blew them to bits, more fines and still no skimmers.

Ended up no further on with the missions with a 7k bounty :oops:
You must have been at Fisk as Broderick doesn't have AA turrets.

You need to fly your ship right over the outpost at Fisk and the AA will open up on you. Shoot them and then land your ship as close to the buildings as you can. Literally, right on their doorstep. Drop your SRV and immediately re-board the ship. Take off and wait for the skimmers. They take longer to spawn than at Broderick, mind so don't give up.

Pay off your bounties/fines at the nearest low security Interstellar Faction office - Lloyd Dock at Amahine.

Don't take too many missions to Fisk as they are Fed and your Rep will drop very quickly.

You must have been at Fisk as Broderick doesn't have AA turrets.

You need to fly your ship right over the outpost at Fisk and the AA will open up on you. Shoot them and then land your ship as close to the buildings as you can. Literally, right on their doorstep. Drop your SRV and immediately re-board the ship. Take off and wait for the skimmers. They take longer to spawn than at Broderick, mind so don't give up.

Pay off your bounties/fines at the nearest low security Interstellar Faction office - Lloyd Dock at Amahine.

Don't take too many missions to Fisk as they are Fed and your Rep will drop very quickly.
Well I followed your instructions and got the skimmers biting, slippery little buggers when you're in a unengineered Fed Gunship.

They must have pitied me because they gave me the slip and didn't come back. Strongly considering binning that ship.

The last paragraph settled it. I'm trying to get my fed rank up and keeping at skimmer missions would have bit me on the arse. I'll practice them later when I have a Corvette in the garage :lol:

Mission aborted but as usual you've been a massive help.

Well I followed your instructions and got the skimmers biting, slippery little buggers when you're in a unengineered Fed Gunship.

They must have pitied me because they gave me the slip and didn't come back. Strongly considering binning that ship.

The last paragraph settled it. I'm trying to get my fed rank up and keeping at skimmer missions would have bit me on the arse. I'll practice them later when I have a Corvette in the garage :lol:

Mission aborted but as usual you've been a massive help.
I'm doing them in a FGS too! Although mine is engineered to death. It shouldn't matter though as I just hover stationary above the site with my nose pointing down. The only engineered bits which make a difference are the missile launchers which are all G5 for increased ammo capacity. Saying that though, I've fitted all hardpoints with missile launchers and turn up with 544 missiles in total which is massive overkill. :lol:

The trick is to only take the Broderick missions as those ones are Independent and won't affect your Fed rank at all. Just means you have to spend more time board hopping to get the full 20 missions required.

I'm doing them in a FGS too! Although mine is engineered to death. It shouldn't matter though as I just hover stationary above the site with my nose pointing down. The only engineered bits which make a difference are the missile launchers which are all G5 for increased ammo capacity. Saying that though, I've fitted all hardpoints with missile launchers and turn up with 544 missiles in total which is massive overkill. :lol:

The trick is to only take the Broderick missions as those ones are Independent and won't affect your Fed rank at all. Just means you have to spend more time board hopping to get the full 20 missions required.
I decided to evacuate refugees at Weil Station at Kunuvii instead, less frustrating and there's the heartwarming feeling of helping those less fortunate :D

Also the Cutter is a dream to fly compared to that bloody Gunship!

Simply dodge into a burning station, go to passenger lounge and load up on desperate customers.

Quick supercruise to the evacuation ship, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
I decided to evacuate refugees at Weil Station at Kunuvii instead, less frustrating and there's the heartwarming feeling of helping those less fortunate :D

Also the Cutter is a dream to fly compared to that bloody Gunship!

Simply dodge into a burning station, go to passenger lounge and load up on desperate customers.

Quick supercruise to the evacuation ship, rinse and repeat.
You were using fixed dumbfire missiles right? You just need to get them to explode somewhere near the skimmers or AA turrets to kill them.

The skimmers at Fisk are really slow to spawn and you wait a while before they show up after you've killed each wave.

I've now repped up to Allied with 6 out of the 7 factions at Wolf 333 and they are offering missions averaging 6M each for 20 missions. The 7th faction is the local version of the Ant Hill Mob so they don't hand out useful missions anyway.

I've even figured out a way to reverse the negative Fed Superpower rep when taking Fisk missions - I've shipped my Vette out there and between runs I take +++++ rep missions to kill pirate lords for the local Fed factions. Even though the +++++ rep has no effect on them as I'm already allied it still gets applied to the Fed Superpower rank so after 3 or 4 pirate lords I'm back at 100% Allied with them. :cool:

I swear to God you're missing out on probably the easiest earner I've ever seen! I've only been doing it for a day and a half (and I lost half a day by trying to make up lost Fed Rep the hard way by doing data/cargo runs) and I've earned 240M. I've only just gained Allied with all the factions tonight so from now on the money is going to start rolling in! :D If it'll help we can wing up and I'll show you how I do it.

@Giddup Sausage! you should get in on this too!

Lads, just to give you some idea of the money to be made here if you stick at it have a look at my INARA credit record over the last few days.

Logon or register to see this image

Basically I started working this site at 8pm on Thursday night. The relatively flat line after that was me getting my Rep up with the local factions to Allied. A bit of a boring grind but you can see that in the last 24 hours after becoming Allied my balance has increased by 730 MILLION credits. Thats in one frigging day! :eek:

@Nipple Salad @Giddup Sausage! @Ambivalent Squirrel @Pseudonym Number 1

Last edited:
Tried this ages ago but couldn't get on with it using a xbox controller.

Then I bought a flight stick the other week so picked it up again while it was on sale.

I messed about a little setting the flight stick up and did the training then last night I played it properly where my m8 came to help me.

He carried me through a few missions so I could get some money and upgraded to a better ship. Then we did a cargo run where I had to land on a planet. I tried docking with the docking computer and my ship crashed into the station and got stuck.

:lol: The station got pissed at me for loitering so blew me up, now im in prison.

:eek: There was a massive argument on my TS between my m8s arguing over how best I should set my controls up and people fell out.

So I bought star citizen while its on sale.

You were using fixed dumbfire missiles right? You just need to get them to explode somewhere near the skimmers or AA turrets to kill them.

The skimmers at Fisk are really slow to spawn and you wait a while before they show up after you've killed each wave.

I've now repped up to Allied with 6 out of the 7 factions at Wolf 333 and they are offering missions averaging 6M each for 20 missions. The 7th faction is the local version of the Ant Hill Mob so they don't hand out useful missions anyway.

I've even figured out a way to reverse the negative Fed Superpower rep when taking Fisk missions - I've shipped my Vette out there and between runs I take +++++ rep missions to kill pirate lords for the local Fed factions. Even though the +++++ rep has no effect on them as I'm already allied it still gets applied to the Fed Superpower rank so after 3 or 4 pirate lords I'm back at 100% Allied with them. :cool:

I swear to God you're missing out on probably the easiest earner I've ever seen! I've only been doing it for a day and a half (and I lost half a day by trying to make up lost Fed Rep the hard way by doing data/cargo runs) and I've earned 240M. I've only just gained Allied with all the factions tonight so from now on the money is going to start rolling in! :D If it'll help we can wing up and I'll show you how I do it.

@Giddup Sausage! you should get in on this too!

Lads, just to give you some idea of the money to be made here if you stick at it have a look at my INARA credit record over the last few days.

Basically I started working this site at 8pm on Thursday night. The relatively flat line after that was me getting my Rep up with the local factions to Allied. A bit of a boring grind but you can see that in the last 24 hours after becoming Allied my balance has increased by 730 MILLION credits. Thats in one frigging day! :eek:

@Nipple Salad @Giddup Sausage! @Ambivalent Squirrel @Pseudonym Number 1
Sorry @ShoutyBearHead I should have tagged you on this too.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slightly over 1 billion credits earned this weekend! :cool:

Get yourselves out here!

Last edited:

Back