Elite Dangerous

And this is why I avoid turreted weapons. :lol:
To be honest it wasn't a problem with turrets it was a problem with me not paying attention.

Anyway, turrets are safer than gimbals because you can switch them to forward fire which is what I normally do if I'm taking on an Anaconda or a Corvette. Gimbals can't be switched to forward fire so most shots are wasted if the opponent is dropping chaff.

Well Ive truly fucked this up, just loaded up an AHM kill missions and dropped into Merope. Dict a Python and busy fighting when two extra red blips show up and start attacking me. Without looking I return fire and kill a system security eagle.

Forgot I was wanted for assault in a res. Now got a 22k bounty for a week and loads of missions to complete here.

Can I dock and pay this off?

Can't pay it off but at least I cashed in my 2m bounties.

Going haz res no police there.

Last edited:
Well Ive truly fucked this up, just loaded up an AHM kill missions and dropped into Merope. Dict a Python and busy fighting when two extra red blips show up and start attacking me. Without looking I return fire and kill a system security eagle.

Forgot I was wanted for assault in a res. Now got a 22k bounty for a week and loads of missions to complete here.

Can I dock and pay this off?

Can't pay it off but at least I cashed in my 2m bounties.

Going haz res no police there.

Got a 24k bounty and an unfriendly rating from my first skimmer mission yesterday :)

Needed to blow up six of them, but only three showed.

Decided to give them some encouragement by completely smashing up their base, which turned out to belong to the people giving the quest.

Awkward, especially as I did the mission to get rep with the alliance.

New look for Rhonda the Conda

IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/a4bvox.jpg[/IMG]

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Do I do all of this road to riches? On about 60 of 300 or summit. Also, how can I tell how much I have made or do I have to go back to a station for that? Is it best just ploughing through it all whilst I'm here? Gets a bit boring like! But at least it's easy.

And, will the Ant Hill fuckers give me a buzz when they have decided I'm not so bad again to let me in their station?

Got a 24k bounty and an unfriendly rating from my first skimmer mission yesterday :)

Needed to blow up six of them, but only three showed.

Decided to give them some encouragement by completely smashing up their base, which turned out to belong to the people giving the quest.

Awkward, especially as I did the mission to get rep with the alliance.

New look for Rhonda the Conda

IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/a4bvox.jpg[/IMG]

If you get a message when you enter the restricted zone that says you should leave "to avoid sanctions" then the skimmers are clean and you'll be in bother for shooting them.

If you get a message saying you should leave "to avoid threat" then they're your targets and you can fire away.

If you run out of skimmers to shoot just board hop and they'll respawn.

Do I do all of this road to riches? On about 60 of 300 or summit. Also, how can I tell how much I have made or do I have to go back to a station for that? Is it best just ploughing through it all whilst I'm here? Gets a bit boring like! But at least it's easy.

And, will the Ant Hill fuckers give me a buzz when they have decided I'm not so bad again to let me in their station?
The only way to tell is to dock at a station and look in Cartographics. You should never be more than a few jumps from a station using Road To Riches.

The AHM won't inform you but if you pop into their system every few days it'll tell you on your right-hand panel what your faction status is - no need to try to dock.

Howd'ya like THEM apples, Isaac? :)

Last edited:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, after what seems like an eternity doing this in Merope:

I'm left even more hated by The Ant Hill Mob than @Giddup Sausage! but my bank balance is looking a lot healthier:

Now... what can I buy? :cool:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Thought I'd get back into The Ant Hill Mob's good books by doing some tourist runs for them out of Alcazar.

The Hind Nebula as seen from T Tauri:

________________________________________________________________________________________
And it worked! I'm now just Unfriendly with them so they won't start shooting the moment I show my face around Maia. :cool:

Last edited:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

In all the time I've been out here in the Pleiades I've never visited a barnacle site. Until now...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Got bored so went back to the bubble to unlock another couple of Engineers and ended up buying this:

Last edited:

In all the time I've been out here in the Pleiades I've never visited a barnacle site. Until now...

Got bored so went back to the bubble to unlock another couple of Engineers and ended up buying this:

Vultures are f***ing so much fun! Not as good as they used to be since they made NPCS so f***ing rock like but still a class little ship to fuck about in. Nippy as fuck!

Done 100 jumps of the Road to Riches and netted about 100mil, cashed in my bounties and now sitting on a bit cash finally! Now trying to remember where I dumped all my cargo/passenger/weapons crap and set myself back up to go hunting again. Need to find another base and just send everything there I think, might go to that place where you get the bounty missions without the ant hill mob interference and set up there.

Vultures are f***ing so much fun! Not as good as they used to be since they made NPCS so f***ing rock like but still a class little ship to fuck about in. Nippy as fuck!

Done 100 jumps of the Road to Riches and netted about 100mil, cashed in my bounties and now sitting on a bit cash finally! Now trying to remember where I dumped all my cargo/passenger/weapons crap and set myself back up to go hunting again. Need to find another base and just send everything there I think, might go to that place where you get the bounty missions without the ant hill mob interference and set up there.
I need 1M Cr in Fed combat bonds to unlock Juri Ishmaak so rather than pay 20M to transport the Vette all the way back I thought I'd give the Vulture a try as I've never owned one before. Totally A-rated so nothing works until I get her engineered.

The place for the AHM pirate missions is Artemis Lodge in Celaeno. I was picking up missions there from Cooper Research Associates, Aegis Research, Rational Logistics, Sirius Mining, Janus Incorporated and IPSAL Project, then travelling to Hudson Observatory in HIP 17694 and picking up missions from Merope Expeditionary Fleet and Pleiades Resource Enterprise. Kill all the pirates in the HazRES or HiRES sites in Merope then claim the bounties at Alcazar's Hope because you can't claim them at Artemis or Hudson as they're both still knackered off the Goids. I was averaging 30M for a 2 hour circuit each time.

First flight of the Little Rascal. Lasers overheating after 11 seconds. This is going to take some work. :lol:

Last edited:
I need 1M Cr in Fed combat bonds to unlock Juri Ishmaak so rather than pay 20M to transport the Vette all the way back I thought I'd give the Vulture a try as I've never owned one before. Totally A-rated so nothing works until I get her engineered.

The place for the AHM pirate missions is Artemis Lodge in Celaeno. I was picking up missions there from Cooper Research Associates, Aegis Research, Rational Logistics, Sirius Mining, Janus Incorporated and IPSAL Project, then travelling to Hudson Observatory in HIP 17694 and picking up missions from Merope Expeditionary Fleet and Pleiades Resource Enterprise. Kill all the pirates in the HazRES or HiRES sites in Merope then claim the bounties at Alcazar's Hope because you can't claim them at Artemis or Hudson as they're both still knackered off the Goids. I was averaging 30M for a 2 hour circuit each time.

First flight of the Little Rascal. Lasers overheating after 11 seconds. This is going to take some work. :lol:

Getting shit missions atm from those areas but will have to build up the rep I guess. Or go back and do Maia for a bit and then here as got class rep there.

My vulture was like that lol class thrusters tho flies all over the shop if u have it setup right!

Wheres best to go for A- Rated modules? Need to kit this Python out before I do engineers as just wasting my time really on shit rated stuff I have (mostly).
Snyder Enterprise (TZ Arietis)

This place has pretty much everything.

Anyone know what happens to my fighter pilot if I switched to a one seat ship? Will she wait at the station I leave the gunship at, still claim a share etc.?

Last edited:
Wheres best to go for A- Rated modules? Need to kit this Python out before I do engineers as just wasting my time really on shit rated stuff I have (mostly).
I Sola Prospect at Brestla 1 A has everything but unlike Founders World you don't need Elite status to access it.

Snyder Enterprise (TZ Arietis)

This place has pretty much everything.

Anyone know what happens to my fighter pilot if I switched to a one seat ship? Will she wait at the station I leave the gunship at, still claim a share etc.?
Its a bit bizarre but your fighter pilot waits in the crew lounge when not active on your ship and the crew lounge somehow travels everywhere with you. So if you switch to a single-seat ship at one station then travel to another station half way across the galaxy to where you have a multi-crew ship you can just select your pilot from the lounge to be active on the new ship.

Don't ask me how it works! :lol:

Oh and yes, your pilot will claim their share regardless of whether they are crewing a ship or not.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finished engineering the Vulture. Only took all weekend! These are the specs:

Hardpoints
3E Large Burst Turret Laser - G5 Efficient + Thermal Shock
3E Large Burst Turret Laser - G5 Efficient + Thermal Conduit

Utility Mounts
0I Point Defence
0I Chaff
0A Kill Warrant Scanner - G3 Rapid Scan
0A Shield Booster - G5 Heavy Duty

Core Internals
1A Military Grade Composite - G5 Heavy Duty - total strength 1838
4A Power Plant - G5 Overcharged - 18.96MW deployed of 21.84MW available
5A Thrusters - G5 Dirty Drive Tuned
4A Frame Shift Drive - G5 Increadsed Range - minimum jump 18.61Ly maximum jump 18.82
3D Life Support
5A Power Distributor - G5 High Charge Capacity
4A Sensors - G5 Lightweight
3C Fuel Tank

Optional Internals
5C Bi-Weave Shield Generator - G5 Reinforced Shields - total strength 616.5
4D Hull Reinforcement - G5 Heavy Duty
5D Hull reinforcement - G5 Heavy Duty
2A Fuel Scoop
1E Standard Docking Computer
1C Advanced Descovery Scanner
1I Planetary Approach Suite

All in all I'm not that impressed with it really. Its woefully under-gunned and underpowered - I had to wrestle with it to get the guns to fire without cutting out after 10-20 seconds. It takes forever to refuel. The shields are weak as piss even with G5 mods.

On the plus side its very maneuverable... but thats about it. To be honest if I wanted to take something out just for fun it would be the FdL or at a pinch the FAS or FGS. But not this.

Last edited:
I Sola Prospect at Brestla 1 A has everything but unlike Founders World you don't need Elite status to access it.

Its a bit bizarre but your fighter pilot waits in the crew lounge when not active on your ship and the crew lounge somehow travels everywhere with you. So if you switch to a single-seat ship at one station then travel to another station half way across the galaxy to where you have a multi-crew ship you can just select your pilot from the lounge to be active on the new ship.

Don't ask me how it works! :lol:

Oh and yes, your pilot will claim their share regardless of whether they are crewing a ship or not.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finished engineering the Vulture. Only took all weekend! These are the specs:

Hardpoints
3E Large Burst Turret Laser - G5 Efficient + Thermal Shock
3E Large Burst Turret Laser - G5 Efficient + Thermal Conduit

Utility Mounts
0I Point Defence
0I Chaff
0A Kill Warrant Scanner - G3 Rapid Scan
0A Shield Booster - G5 Heavy Duty

Core Internals
1A Military Grade Composite - G5 Heavy Duty - total strength 1838
4A Power Plant - G5 Overcharged - 18.96MW deployed of 21.84MW available
5A Thrusters - G5 Dirty Drive Tuned
4A Frame Shift Drive - G5 Increadsed Range - minimum jump 18.61Ly maximum jump 18.82
3D Life Support
5A Power Distributor - G5 High Charge Capacity
4A Sensors - G5 Lightweight
3C Fuel Tank

Optional Internals
5C Bi-Weave Shield Generator - G5 Reinforced Shields - total strength 616.5
4D Hull Reinforcement - G5 Heavy Duty
5D Hull reinforcement - G5 Heavy Duty
2A Fuel Scoop
1E Standard Docking Computer
1C Advanced Descovery Scanner
1I Planetary Approach Suite

All in all I'm not that impressed with it really. Its woefully under-gunned and underpowered - I had to wrestle with it to get the guns to fire without cutting out after 10-20 seconds. It takes forever to refuel. The shields are weak as piss even with G5 mods.

On the plus side its very maneuverable... but thats about it. To be honest if I wanted to take something out just for fun it would be the FdL or at a pinch the FAS or FGS. But not this.

After an Eagle, the Vulture is an amazing ship. Downgrading from an FAS or FDL not so much.

I remember power management being a problem but switching to fixed beams for max damage potential might help.

My next project will be a Python. I've read that fully engineered it's one of the best fighters.

Currently grinding up my Imperial reputation doing data missions. The Imperial Courier is a nippy wee thing with good shields and boosters. Great for avoiding interdictions.

After an Eagle, the Vulture is an amazing ship. Downgrading from an FAS or FDL not so much.

I remember power management being a problem but switching to fixed beams for max damage potential might help.

My next project will be a Python. I've read that fully engineered it's one of the best fighters.

Currently grinding up my Imperial reputation doing data missions. The Imperial Courier is a nippy wee thing with good shields and boosters. Great for avoiding interdictions.
I went Sidey->Eagle->Cobra->AspX->Clipper->Python->Conda->Vette->Cutter. I totally missed out on ships like the Vulture and Viper so now I have the cash I'm going back and filling in the gaps. So far I've got 17 ships all stored at Merope. :D

I went Sidey->Eagle->Cobra->AspX->Clipper->Python->Conda->Vette->Cutter. I totally missed out on ships like the Vulture and Viper so now I have the cash I'm going back and filling in the gaps. So far I've got 17 ships all stored at Merope. :D
I've tried most of them which has cost me a fortune buying and selling.

The Cutter looks appealing now the money making schemes have dried up.

With its capacity for trading, power play and mining it is the sensible choice :)

I've tried most of them which has cost me a fortune buying and selling.

The Cutter looks appealing now the money making schemes have dried up.

With its capacity for trading, power play and mining it is the sensible choice :)
I rarely use the Cutter. Trading and mining isn't profitable enough. The Vette is better for combat against big ships. The Cutter can't be used for exploration and its too large to be used for general purpose stuff.

I could probably survive with the AspX, the Python, the FdL and the Vette. Trouble is, once I've bought a ship I find it very difficult to sell it even though I have no use for it.

And speaking of amount spent on ships and outfitting... :oops:

Back