Elite Dangerous

Try this, once set up it takes 40+ minutes a run
  1. Set your ship up with all Economy Passenger Cabins.
  2. Fly to Allen Hub in UPSILON AQUARII.
  3. Stack Passenger missions going to Smeaton Orbital in LTT 9360.
  4. Switch between Open/Group/Solo to get fresh missions on the board until your passenger cabins are full.
  5. When full fly to Smeaton (takes 40 minutes to fly)

What the deuce! I'm going to fit one up with my Orca's FSD :D
On my firşt Smeaton run 35m credits here I come.

Although the missions weren't from Allen hub, got them from oleary vision in ltt 9455.

Bought Horizons over the weekend. Is it worth going to see the Engineer blokeys as soon as and make tracks with them or should I wait till I have a bit cash and a nice ship?

Still blasting about in my Vulture doing bits n bobs of data deliveries and planet scans. Tried to do a 5mil kill a few skitters or whatever they are called and 2 fkn Vipers (which I usually eat for dinner) blew me to shreds. Seriously, how many missiles to NPC ships have nowadays?!?! Missile alert. BANG. Missile Alert! BANG. Missing Alert! BANG....dead. My modules seem to fail pretty quick and I'm left just floating about waiting to die :evil:

Might try the passenger delivery thing see what I can do with that in my type 6. Will I need shields and shit? It's stripped down to fk at the moment. Don't fancy 40 minute flights tho, but if the price is right might be worth it till I can get a big ship.

Did you hit me? It says a lot for the shield tank that is the Cutter that I didn't even notice it. Remember I asked if the station was firing at you?

It was probably just as well that I couldn't deploy my fighter because it defaults to "Defend" mode and if you hit me you'd be space dust about 5 seconds later. :lol:

I did aye. Shot a few round you as I flew in which you thought was the station firing at me. Then stood infront of your nose and shot a laser into your cabin :lol: Don't think it even chipped the paintwork, think I could blow hotter than the lasers that are in that ship.

Bought Horizons over the weekend. Is it worth going to see the Engineer blokeys as soon as and make tracks with them or should I wait till I have a bit cash and a nice ship?

Still blasting about in my Vulture doing bits n bobs of data deliveries and planet scans. Tried to do a 5mil kill a few skitters or whatever they are called and 2 fkn Vipers (which I usually eat for dinner) blew me to shreds. Seriously, how many missiles to NPC ships have nowadays?!?! Missile alert. BANG. Missile Alert! BANG. Missing Alert! BANG....dead. My modules seem to fail pretty quick and I'm left just floating about waiting to die :evil:

Might try the passenger delivery thing see what I can do with that in my type 6. Will I need shields and shit? It's stripped down to fk at the moment. Don't fancy 40 minute flights tho, but if the price is right might be worth it till I can get a big ship.

I did aye. Shot a few round you as I flew in which you thought was the station firing at me. Then stood infront of your nose and shot a laser into your cabin :lol: Don't think it even chipped the paintwork, think I could blow hotter than the lasers that are in that ship.
I wouldn't hesitate to start engineering as much as you can as soon as you can.. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes. Saying that, I've had a look at the forums and the Vulture is a pig to engineer right. Go for Overcharged Power Plant, High Charge Capacity Power Distributor and Efficient Lasers. If you still have issues with the lasers going into thermal overload and cutting out then try using Overcharged Multicannons and roll for Incendiary and Corrosive experimental effects.

I wouldn't hesitate to start engineering as much as you can as soon as you can.. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes. Saying that, I've had a look at the forums and the Vulture is a pig to engineer right. Go for Overcharged Power Plant, High Charge Capacity Power Distributor and Efficient Lasers. If you still have issues with the lasers going into thermal overload and cutting out then try using Overcharged Multicannons and roll for Incendiary and Corrosive experimental effects.

I tend to concentrate on the Power plant and distributer when building it making sure they are the best I can put in it. Power doesn't seem to be a problem with my setup and I can fire lasers constantly (pulse) if I crank them to full.

Is it worth buying something like a Python as soon as I can and using that? Think I have about 40mil in the bank now after having a few nights blast on it whilst our lass was busy. And is it ok to use "out of the box" or would I need more cash to do it up a bit?

I tend to concentrate on the Power plant and distributer when building it making sure they are the best I can put in it. Power doesn't seem to be a problem with my setup and I can fire lasers constantly (pulse) if I crank them to full.

Is it worth buying something like a Python as soon as I can and using that? Think I have about 40mil in the bank now after having a few nights blast on it whilst our lass was busy. And is it ok to use "out of the box" or would I need more cash to do it up a bit?
Put it this way... every time I buy a new ship the very first thing I do is go around the Engineers and get them to modify everything, before I even think about taking on any missions. First visit is always to Felicity Farseer to get the FSD worked on as it makes it easier to get to all the other Engineers.

The Python is definitely the best all-round ship you can get. I'd always advise having one.

Put it this way... every time I buy a new ship the very first thing I do is go around the Engineers and get them to modify everything, before I even think about taking on any missions. First visit is always to Felicity Farseer to get the FSD worked on as it makes it easier to get to all the other Engineers.

The Python is definitely the best all-round ship you can get. I'd always advise having one.

Is it ok "out of the box"? So if I get enough for the ship (and a bit for insurance) is it worth buying straight away and then using the money I make in it to do it up bit by bit?

Prob need about another 30 mil for it, unless I trade in my Vulture but I fancy keeping it so I can blast about in it. So will be a bit of a grind still yet.

Are the planet scanning missions worth the effort? Or should I just run data? I had some good ones for about 1.3mil and some data runs for 180-300k in the same area. Might have to try and remember where they were ( to Eleu I think) and just refresh the missions till I get loads of those.

Fitted out my dropship for passenger runs, 64 seats. You will get interdicted on your runs so the shields are up to you really.

I got stopped by a gunship with a slf and the shield was gone in seconds might as well have not had it. 50% hull when I escaped and I reinforced it up to 1200.

I've only engineered a couple of ships and they do make a difference but it's not essential. Definitely worth opening them up though incase you want to upgrade ships eventually.

The python is an awesome ship, can be fitted out for pretty much every role and seems to do a good job of all of them.

Is it ok "out of the box"? So if I get enough for the ship (and a bit for insurance) is it worth buying straight away and then using the money I make in it to do it up bit by bit?

Prob need about another 30 mil for it, unless I trade in my Vulture but I fancy keeping it so I can blast about in it. So will be a bit of a grind still yet.

Are the planet scanning missions worth the effort? Or should I just run data? I had some good ones for about 1.3mil and some data runs for 180-300k in the same area. Might have to try and remember where they were ( to Eleu I think) and just refresh the missions till I get loads of those.
Nothing is ever good 'out of the box.' :D

Best way to get the creds to upgrade is stay in one system, it doesn't matter which, for a while doing data runs until you're allied with the local factions. It won't earn you much money but once your rep is up they'll start offering surface scan missions worth 1-3M credits a pop.

If you take on multiple surface missions in one system NEVER be tempted to do more than one at a time without jumping out of the system for 10 minutes then returning. The reason being that you'll probably have to kill a couple of skimmers or defence structures to get at the data point and that gives you a 10 minute wanted bounty in that system. If you do another surface scan mission in that system straight away the bounty increases to a week and you're fucked.

Stick some cargo racks in it a couple of multi cannons and it's Ok to go imo.

Planetary scans are an easy way to make money normally but sometimes they're heavily defended.

If you do another surface scan mission in that system straight away the bounty increases to a week and you're fucked.
Happened to me, this bloke showed up as wanted on the bounty scanner, when I slotted him I'm wanted for murder and interdicted every half hour :evil:

Finally getting the combat rating up I guess

Happened to me, this bloke showed up as wanted on the bounty scanner, when I slotted him I'm wanted for murder and interdicted every half hour :evil:

Finally getting the combat rating up I guess
Sounds like the KWS was reporting a bounty on him in a different system to the one you were in. If not it may be a bug and you can open a ticket with FDev on their website and they'll have a look at it for you. They're usually pretty good. I got blown to bits in my Vette whilst landing at a planetary base when a skimmer dropped on my head from 2km up. Turns out it was a known bug which they've since patched. They replaced the ship, my re-buy cost and even reinstated my Elite SLF pilot who was collateral damage.

Weh hey. Finally got my Python. Done some data missions and fitted my Vulture with some passenger cabins :)lol:) and zipped passengers about for a few mil a time (plus data deliveries). Was making daft money when I got the right contracts and got a few 4-5m passenger deliveries!

Fitted it out slightly but back to being skint now so couldn't afford any top gear for it, but it's decent enough and full to the brim of passenger cabins ready to do a few runs till I can get some cash. Then might head over to do that Smeaton run thingy if I can be arsed travelling for ages (will need to update my FSD as my jump range in this big pig is about 8ly till I can upgrade it (think it only goes to 12 or so)).

Got money for 1 rebuy in it, bet I crash the fucker into the station going out! Either that or some twat will interdict me and I won't have it configured (not tried fighting or flying it yet) and I'll get pummelled! Got a new toy tho and new goals to get it fitted out :)

Oh, and is it worth hiring any of these NPCs to man your ship? Do they do owt? Guessing if you have fighters they fly them but would they do anything else in my Python worth having them for?

Last edited:
Weh hey. Finally got my Python. Done some data missions and fitted my Vulture with some passenger cabins :)lol:) and zipped passengers about for a few mil a time (plus data deliveries). Was making daft money when I got the right contracts and got a few 4-5m passenger deliveries!

Fitted it out slightly but back to being skint now so couldn't afford any top gear for it, but it's decent enough and full to the brim of passenger cabins ready to do a few runs till I can get some cash. Then might head over to do that Smeaton run thingy if I can be arsed travelling for ages (will need to update my FSD as my jump range in this big pig is about 8ly till I can upgrade it (think it only goes to 12 or so)).

Got money for 1 rebuy in it, bet I crash the fucker into the station going out! Either that or some twat will interdict me and I won't have it configured (not tried fighting or flying it yet) and I'll get pummelled! Got a new toy tho and new goals to get it fitted out :)

Oh, and is it worth hiring any of these NPCs to man your ship? Do they do owt? Guessing if you have fighters they fly them but would they do anything else in my Python worth having them for?
Never used an NPC, don't want to have them taking a cut of my hard earned just for sitting there. If I get a slf then I'll get one then.

You can only use an NPC to either fly an SLF or fly your ship while you man the SLF. Never done the latter 'cos if anyone is going to twat my ship its me!

Try this, once set up it takes 40+ minutes a run
  1. Set your ship up with all Economy Passenger Cabins.
  2. Fly to Allen Hub in UPSILON AQUARII.
  3. Stack Passenger missions going to Smeaton Orbital in LTT 9360.
  4. Switch between Open/Group/Solo to get fresh missions on the board until your passenger cabins are full.
  5. When full fly to Smeaton (takes 40 minutes to fly)

What the deuce! I'm going to fit one up with my Orca's FSD :D

Before I try the smeaton thing, once at Smeaton what then? Do you have to fly all the way back again? Is there missions to go back or is it another 40 minute run back with no reward?

Before I try the smeaton thing, once at Smeaton what then? Do you have to fly all the way back again? Is there missions to go back or is it another 40 minute run back with no reward?
Thats where I am now (well actually Upsilon Aquarii.) If you shoot me again there'll be hell on!

Looks like FDev have nerfed the long range payouts though.

Thats where I am now (well actually Upsilon Aquarii.) If you shoot me again there'll be hell on!

Looks like FDev have nerfed the long range payouts though.

Is it nerfed now then? Ive just got here! Fuck sake!

Was going to see the engineers too and it says they want bounties. Do I get the bounties first and then hand them in to them? I take it I have to fly to them?

Back