Elite Dangerous

Just got this last night (XB1). Starting tobget used to flying, but there's a hell of a lot to it!

The main problem I'm having is actually slowing down in hyperspace when coming near to my destination.

Git shot by some random twat anarl. Had a git big ship.

Really want to love this, struggling though.
Made a decent wedge through mining. Bought a decent fighter type and stuck some decent weapons on and tried some bounty hunting, have failed to even find 3 targets. Why is everything geared to be monotonous and over difficult? Go to this system, find such and such. Ok, 8 boring jumps later, I'm in the system, fly about randomly trying to find the person, find them, follow drive signal, server crashes.

To quote the black eyed peas, where is the fun?

Just got this last night (XB1). Starting tobget used to flying, but there's a hell of a lot to it!

The main problem I'm having is actually slowing down in hyperspace when coming near to my destination.

Aye this, boringly approach slow as hell in order to safe jump = minutes of tedium or try and get there a bit quicker so the game actually feels fun = shoot right past and swear a lot.
It's a sim, I get it, its also a game for entertainment.

Needs an option to select target and jump straight to it. As in, 7.5 km from it instantly, are you telling me if this was real life this feature wouldn't be invented?

Last edited by a moderator:

You do realise that if you keep your throttle in the middle of the blue bar to the left of the thrust meter then it automatically manages your speed for you? You just have to hit J at the time it tells you and you will appear about 8-9km from a station or just outside the fuel-scoop range of a star.

Really want to love this, struggling though.
Made a decent wedge through mining. Bought a decent fighter type and stuck some decent weapons on and tried some bounty hunting, have failed to even find 3 targets. Why is everything geared to be monotonous and over difficult? Go to this system, find such and such. Ok, 8 boring jumps later, I'm in the system, fly about randomly trying to find the person, find them, follow drive signal, server crashes.
If you want to earn big bucks bounty hunting try finding either a Compromised Nav Beacon or a Resource Extraction Site. High RES sites re-spawn pirates regularly so there are lots of targets. Low RES sites only occasionally. Both types of RES have cops in attendance. Hazardous RES sites have no cops so you're on your own if you get into bother. All types of RES are only found in planetary rings. When you drop out of FSD it may take a few minutes for any targets to show up so stick with it. Only go to CNBs if you don't have heat management issues as they are always close to a star.

TOP TIP: Never carry cargo into an RES or CNB site as all the pirates will attack you immediately.

Aye this, boringly approach slow as hell in order to safe jump = minutes of tedium or try and get there a bit quicker so the game actually feels fun = shoot right past and swear a lot.
It's a sim, I get it, its also a game for entertainment.

Needs an option to select target and jump straight to it. As in, 7.5 km from it instantly, are you telling me if this was real life this feature wouldn't be invented?
See my earlier post to Gravyb0y.

As an example, I've just taken my Corvette to a HazRES at CD-54 9671 2 and made 1M credits in 20 minutes. :D

Oh FFS!!!

No-one told me the rules on using a suicidewinder have changed! :evil:

I accidentally killed a non-pirate in the HazRES and got a C5k bounty and Wanted status. 5 days cooldown??? Not on yer Nelly! I have about C600k claims in that system.

So I go back to a friendly station, buy a Sidewinder and go back to CD-54 9671 and let the cops kill me thus, hopefully, wiping my slate clean.

Nope! They've nerfed it! It wiped out all my claims, left the Wanted status in place and increased the cooldown period to 7 days! :evil:

Last edited:
You do realise that if you keep your throttle in the middle of the blue bar to the left of the thrust meter then it automatically manages your speed for you? You just have to hit J at the time it tells you and you will appear about 8-9km from a station or just outside the fuel-scoop range of a star.

If you want to earn big bucks bounty hunting try finding either a Compromised Nav Beacon or a Resource Extraction Site. High RES sites re-spawn pirates regularly so there are lots of targets. Low RES sites only occasionally. Both types of RES have cops in attendance. Hazardous RES sites have no cops so you're on your own if you get into bother. All types of RES are only found in planetary rings. When you drop out of FSD it may take a few minutes for any targets to show up so stick with it. Only go to CNBs if you don't have heat management issues as they are always close to a star.

TOP TIP: Never carry cargo into an RES or CNB site as all the pirates will attack you immediately.

See my earlier post to Gravyb0y.

As an example, I've just taken my Corvette to a HazRES at CD-54 9671 2 and made 1M credits in 20 minutes. :D

Oh FFS!!!

No-one told me the rules on using a suicidewinder have changed! :evil:

I accidentally killed a non-pirate in the HazRES and got a C5k bounty and Wanted status. 5 days cooldown??? Not on yer Nelly! I have about C600k claims in that system.

So I go back to a friendly station, buy a Sidewinder and go back to CD-54 9671 and let the cops kill me thus, hopefully, wiping my slate clean.

Nope! They've nerfed it! It wiped out all my claims, left the Wanted status in place and increased the cooldown period to 7 days! :evil:

Cheers for the info. Haven't touched this in a few months tbh. Might give it another whirl this weekend.

Back