Elite Dangerous

I've not read all the post but I play the original 'Elite' on the BBC computer back in the day and it's my favourite game of all time. It used to take 30 - 40 mins to load via the old cassette recorder. Great game a real space opera, can't wait its ps4 release.

I've not read all the post but I play the original 'Elite' on the BBC computer back in the day and it's my favourite game of all time. It used to take 30 - 40 mins to load via the old cassette recorder. Great game a real space opera, can't wait its ps4 release.
Yeah so did I on my BBC B and then C64. For years it was my #1 game too, but got demoted to #2 when Everquest 2 came out.
Played the second one on my Amiga, but it's was basically just a rehash with better graphics.
I still remember the home system, Lave I think it was.

I was bizarrely googling EQ2 this morning. Used to love it and EQ1 years ago. Sadly it's nit available for the Mac anymore otherwise I might have lost my Sunday.....
EQ2 is a shadow of it's former self. Everything is focussed around instances and raids and very little about exploring or questing. It's turning more and more into just a combat game.
Hopefully EverQuest Next will recapture some of that, but it's development has hit loads of hurdles and is really dragging along.
I'm part of Landmark closed beta, which is helping to design the systems for EQ:N, and it too had lots of issues and is going slow.

Yeah so did I on my BBC B and then C64. For years it was my #1 game too, but got demoted to #2 when Everquest 2 came out.
Played the second one on my Amiga, but it's was basically just a rehash with better graphics.
I still remember the home system, Lave I think it was.

aye I got the upgraded version for the Amiga and it just wasn't the same. That was the last gaming pc I had before getting into console gaming, never heard of everquest like hopefully the consoles are ganner finally see epic games that pc players have been used to for years.

And now I don't! :evil:
I got interdicted by something so maneuverable I couldn't even get it in my sights and it kicked the shit out of me within 2 minutes. :cry:
Back to the Cobra MkIII then.

Anyone know if you buy the Horizons thing if you can play the normal game now? Don't want to buy the base game now if I could have essentially got it for free in a few months time?

Anyone know if you buy the Horizons thing if you can play the normal game now? Don't want to buy the base game now if I could have essentially got it for free in a few months time?
If you buy Horizons the original ED is included.

Sorry it took so long to reply but I've been banned for 4 months.

I'm in Kaushpoos doing the bounty CG. Anyone doing the mining CG who wants a Python wingman?

Last edited:
Have this on Xbox1, and don't really have much idea what I'm doing but absolutely love it.
My first mission was to pick up some grain and bring it back , managed to dock and buy the grain (I was so proud of myself).
Then on my way home I came out of hyperspace and this big ship started attacking me for no reason, was gutted and was convinced I was gonna be blown to fuck .
Then these other ships came out of nowhere and blew him to fuck , so I survived , got about 5k for helping to kill a space pirate, and safely delivered my grain to complete the mission.
Back home in time for tea and biscuits.
This game is f***ing class :)

Last edited:
Have this on Xbox1, and don't really have much idea what I'm doing but absolutely love it.
My first mission was to pick up some grain and bring it back , managed to dock and buy the grain (I was so proud of myself).
Then on my way home I came out of hyperspace and this big ship started attacking me for no reason, was gutted and was convinced I was gonna be blown to fuck .
Then these other ships came out of nowhere and blew him to fuck , so I survived , got about 5k for helping to kill a space pirate, and safely delivered my grain to complete the mission.
Back home in time for tea and biscuits.
This game is f***ing class :)
And its going to get better.

Back