Elite Dangerous

I've almost completed that R2R, and I'm at 35% Ranger. Did you just head off into the big black to get your rank up?
Meant to say, I'd done a bit exploring before. Disco scanner and planetary scanner, couple of trips to thargoid sites and what not

Have doubled my money in a couple of days here. Now allied with a faction and getting (for me) big money scan jobs.

There's two others offering scan too but need to be a higher rank so can't take them.
Keep an eye out for missions to donate money to the factions to improve your rep with the factions you're not allied with. A couple of well spent £25k can really help.

There was one faction that took ages for me to get pally with, and it came up with a 2m mission. Hurt giving that much, but I made it back off them.

Seeing loads of really well paid massacre missions now. I guess I need a tooled up fighter for those eh

Last edited:
Meant to say, I'd done a bit exploring before. Disco scanner and planetary scanner, couple of trips to thargoid sites and what not

Keep an eye out for missions to donate money to the factions to improve your rep with the factions you're not allied with. A couple of well spent £25k can really help.

There was one faction that took ages for me to get pally with, and it came up with a 2m mission. Hurt giving that much, but I made it back off them.

Seeing loads of really well paid massacre missions now. I guess I need a tooled up fighter for those eh
Does explorer rank still go up if you use the data on missions?
I'm maxed on them except one which is rock bottom, so can't do any of their missions anyway to increase it.

Yeah I'm making donations when I can, keep getting them massacre offers as well
Turned one down for nearly 4m last night, kill 42 ships, I'm not up to that. Only got a cobra and don't seem to last 5 minutes in combat Zones.

Thé community thing has finished now I got to go half way round the galaxy to claim my 7m.

Any recommendations for a ship?
I've got nearly 50m to spend.
Stripped out Asp explorer. 36Ly means you can hop about quickly. Wouldn't be without mine

This is my build. Same one I use for exploring. Nee weapons. My FSD is engineered so I get a longer jump range
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=A0g8,,Cjw0Cjw0,9p30A7W0AMg0Ads0AsO0B600BNC0Bb60,,52C07RA0mpV2jw02UI0

Last edited:
Ok some fuckwit drone attacked me on planet and now I'm wanted. Ffs, can't go back to the station or they'll kill me and my ship is shot to bits
:evil:

How do you pay a fine of they don't let you land to pay it?

Think I'm going to have to give this another go. Loved the original elite on my commodore 64 probably my all time favourite game.

Back