Elite Dangerous

Watch for Quince starting again, 60mill+ per hour :cool:

It just needs to kick off with a civil war again

I need to put some time into understanding the game mechanics, I know how to fuck up some of the big ships in me Cobra and I'm getting used to the combat but haven't even tried any exploration stuff. I was reading something the other day about an alien base or something discovered and it showed you them fleeing about in rovers and that :cool:

Well I've just ran out of fuel and had to listen to my pilot suffocating to death. Nice.

Bought a fuel scoop on respawn so hopefully won't have to go through that again.

:lol: Canny unforgiving ED isn't it

These lads might have been able to help....
https://www.fuelrats.com/
No one to blame but myself or maybe a dodgy nav computer.
It was taking me on a 16 jump journey from a to b, when I respawned at a and replotted it was only 2 jumps away. Reckon my nav computer must have been a dodgy taxi driver in a former life.

Playing solo for now so don't think the rats could have helped me but I'll keep them in mind for when I eventually get online.

No one to blame but myself or maybe a dodgy nav computer.
It was taking me on a 16 jump journey from a to b, when I respawned at a and replotted it was only 2 jumps away. Reckon my nav computer must have been a dodgy taxi driver in a former life.

Playing solo for now so don't think the rats could have helped me but I'll keep them in mind for when I eventually get online.

You can jump between open, solo and private. Sounds like it changed from economical route to fastest route. If you ever get caught short fuel wise because you are in a brown star system etc look through the closest available stars to see if you can jump to one you can scoop at. It'll be a deviation from your plotted route but it might just save you.

I am really struggling to get started with elite, I have completed the training and have a basically understandibg of the game. Can anyone give me somw advice on what to do first in the universe?

Help me Obi Want, you're my only hope!

I am really struggling to get started with elite, I have completed the training and have a basically understandibg of the game. Can anyone give me somw advice on what to do first in the universe?

Help me Obi Want, you're my only hope!
one of those locations Snappy mentioned has a blue ringed planet, go there and farm res zone for easy credits.

Haven't been on much this week, been busy.

So, taken a few hours this weekend, and I'm 7% closer to being an Elite Explorer :cool:

Half way round the RTR list, 150 systems done, and when i need a break I now have a battle T9 beast setup with turreted lasers, three shield boosters, and military bulkheads. Been interdicked three times with 456 ton of slaves and chinned the pirates every time. Makes 2m every run :lol:

Has quince kicked off again yet?

What's everyone up to in game?

I'm still in the sidewinder, not sure how I've managed it but I've jumped 3 systems out from where I started at eranin. I'm in opala now. :confused:

As someone else said, save up for a Viper and then do some resource sites. Rack up money like no tomorrow, especially if you can find one really close to a station so you can just zip back and forth to. That's how I done it once I done a bit mining (boring) to get the better ship. Combat has changed though so it's not as easy as it once was.

Read that mining is a good way to make fast credits. Anyone done it?
Recommendations for a set up, I've got around 12m credits atm.

Also what's the crack with Quince that you all keep mentioning?

Back