Elf's Journey Home - A Christmas Video I Made

L

Lexingtongue

I'd love it if you could show it to your kids and let me know if they enjoyed it. I'd appreciate feedback from any adults who watch it, too. ;)

Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas!

Pictures and words both done by my good self.

I'd love it if you could show it to your kids and let me know if they enjoyed it. I'd appreciate feedback from any adults who watch it, too. ;)

You need to slow it down a touch mate. Pages are turning too quickly for me and I've got a reading age of at least seven.

There's a pause button. ;) I actually timed myself reading it to get what I thought was a reasonable time for each page but I guess I know the passages so well now I go through them too quickly. I'll see about extending them if it is a consistent problem.

Have you got any pics of your good half I only want to see a nipple?

sorry been watching too much league of gentlemen

Ideally, I'd like feedback on the images and pictures as I plan to have it printed as a book some time after Christmas.

There's a pause button. ;) I actually timed myself reading it to get what I thought was a reasonable time for each page but I guess I know the passages so well now I go through them too quickly. I'll see about extending them if it is a consistent problem.

It's canny (although I'm at work and haven't watched it all). Looks like the kind of thing I'd have read to my kids when they were young. (It doesn't turn into some kind of tit-fest further in, does it:lol:)

Are you making it into a kids book?

Edit; so you are turning it into a book:lol:

It's canny (although I'm at work and haven't watched it all). Looks like the kind of thing I'd have read to my kids when they were young. (It doesn't turn into some kind of tit-fest further in, does it:lol:)

Are you making it into a kids book?

Edit; so you are turning it into a book:lol:

It's perfectly child-friendly the entire way through! And yeah, a book is the plan. God knows how long that will take me to get sorted, mind. You don't want to know how long I spent putting the entire thing together. :lol:

Ideally, I'd like feedback on the images and pictures as I plan to have it printed as a book some time after Christmas.
The white text doesn't stand out on some of the lighter backgrounds. Not sure if the text needs to be bigger on a kid's book, probably not but worth comparing with others.
The illustrations themselves look professional.
I've only had one quick scan through it.
Have you recorded yourself reading it out aloud? If not, you should do to see how it scans.

It's perfectly child-friendly the entire way through! And yeah, a book is the plan. God knows how long that will take me to get sorted, mind. You don't want to know how long I spent putting the entire thing together. :lol:
Keep at it. I may buy it for my grandkids when they come along.:)

I can speed read and the bits with the white text on light blue backgrounds were a struggle. Also had to google the word nary :lol:

The white text doesn't stand out on some of the lighter backgrounds. Not sure if the text needs to be bigger on a kid's book, probably not but worth comparing with others.
The illustrations themselves look professional.
I've only had one quick scan through it.
Have you recorded yourself reading it out aloud? If not, you should do to see how it scans.
I've tried to do voice over today but my mic is terrible and the results were awful. I'm seeing if I can get a better mic to see if that sorts the issue out.

Thanks for the feedback on the text. The white writing actually has a stroke around it on every page so, when you view the book in its original size (I had to reduce it massively due to YouTube restrictions), it is easily legible.

Artwork needs to by more unique/idiosyncratic(looks a bit bargain bookish) and the rhyme is hard work in places, look at julia donaldson she doesnt use much text at all and shes the queen of this stuff. The story is good mind, but christmas books dont sell that well, at least they dont in my bookshop unless its paw patrol or frozen(olaf). The noisy ones do(usborne) but noisy books sell generally

Artwork needs to by more unique/idiosyncratic(looks a bit bargain bookish) and the rhyme is hard work in places, look at julia donaldson she doesnt use much text at all and shes the queen of this stuff. The story is good mind, but christmas books dont sell that well, at least they dont in my bookshop unless its paw patrol or frozen(olaf). The noisy ones do(usborne) but noisy books sell generally
Unfortunately I had to do the artwork myself as getting someone to do them for me would have cost me an arm and a leg. I'm pretty happy with what I have, like, bearing in mind the audience and my limited talent in that regard. Most of the festive image ideas I got from wrapping paper designs. :lol:

Wouldn't it be best waiting until next September/October to release that?
Yeah, but I need to find either a publisher or a company that will print it for me which will take a bit of time.

Back