Electricity Bill Hike

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to work in DD for an energy firm, and the price is supposed to balance out over a 12 month period, ie you pay a bit more in the summer, to cover expected higher winter use.

I don't know when you joined this company but sometimes a period longer than 12 months is used as companies have a thing called a balancing month.

Eg if you joined in January, your first year would a 15 month projection as the balancing month is usually April.

For the next year, it would be calculated on a 12 month April to April period.

It's similar if you join a firm after April, so your first year would be calculated to a lesser extent.

Over 17 years since I did this sort of by the thousand.

Still have to help the advisors in call centres when they bluff their way to an explanation.
I`ve been with NPower for years so there wouldn`t be any need for that. They can see my average use over a 12 month period for numerous years.

I`ve been with NPower for years so there wouldn`t be any need for that. They can see my average use over a 12 month period for numerous years.
its basically an auto change by the system, or some lazy sod, just releasing statements and claiming to have checked it.

I empathise with your plight, but this has been an ongoing problem for decades.

its dead easy to stop as well but with call centres, having worked in one, I'm convinced a blind eye is turned to create calls, then to try and persuade people to sign up for other products, after having dds reduced, to make them feel better.

just cancel it and pay in receipt of bill to accurate reads, after their next statement is released

Just had my half yearly electricity bill in and it`s jumped from £88 a month to bloody £146 a month. That`s from meter readings too not estimates.

That`s for over the summer period too. We haven`t been using our electricity any more than usual. That`s a pretty hefty hike.

has anyone else seen rises like this? Is £146 excessive or reasonable for a bog standard house.

Maybe it`s time I switched provider. Any suggestions??

NPower by any chance?

Refer to my last post :)

nobody else still on quarterly paper bills?
i'd sooner pay a bit more than give my details to companies to give them carte blanche to rip me off hiking debits whenever they feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back