Electricians of the smb

Wired my last oven in myself.
Tested it out on floor to see if worked which it did so put it in housing unit but it was flickering.
Decided it must be a loose wire so took it out of unit and tightened screw BOOM I was right about the loose wire but never thought about turning power off to sort it won't make that mistake again was shaking like a shitting dog for ages afterwards!

Tested it out on floor to see if worked which it did so put it in housing unit but it was flickering.
Decided it must be a loose wire so took it out of unit and tightened screw BOOM I was right about the loose wire but never thought about turning power off to sort it won't make that mistake again was shaking like a shitting dog for ages afterwards!
Getting a belt gets the old ticker going like.

Is it an oven with separate hob? If so it’s the hob that needs to be hard wired. Ovens (new ones) can be socket plugged. All new ovens should come wired!

Last edited:
built-in products (including built-in ovens and drop-ins) have conduit with the electrical leads attached to the range. Similarly, do ovens need to be hardwired? It depends on the rating of the oven. If its over 3kw it must be hard wired into an appropriate circuit

Last time I electrocuted myself I curled up in the corner of the room and had a little rest for 10minutes :lol:

Remove the socket front and tape the wires together if you don’t have a plug mate.
Got mine installed by Fazeys(?) who do everything by the regs, 40amp CB (I think - its a twin oven) seperate isolation, twin and earth and trunking etc
Away mate. Seriously

Last edited:
Is that what the masks are for? The lifting welders banter. :lol:
Proper tradesmen.
Not many on here mind.
A lot of pen-pushers and lads doing lasses work. ;)
Iron powder?
Nah - the powders were for downhand - and the iron in the flux gave more deposition.

8's were the old SWG size for 4mm.
Or "garden gates" as they were known as in the yards.

Last edited:

Back