Electric scooters

Discussion in 'SMB' started by monkeytassle, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM.

1. anth

anth Winger

I don't know for scooters, but for e-bikes its 15.5mph limit. The law changed a few years ago so you cant use a throttle, it has to be peddle assist, so I am not sure how this effects scooters where that obviously isn't an option.

You can do DIY e-bikes which allows you to skirt those laws and I suspect there will be similar things you can do with scooters.

2. Bishop Mackem

Bishop Mackem Striker

You wouldn't catch me on one of them like :lol:

MackneyHackem likes this.
  3. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

at 15mph I bet I would

4. James

James Striker

Scooters have no limits as they're illegal to use. They're mostly capped at 15mph though and I can assure you, you don't want to be moving faster than that with such small sized wheels on London's roads. It's quick enough.

If you don't mind taking the risk of a dickhead copper pulling you over then go for it. You can end up with a fine and 3 points on your licence if you're stopped though. I've seen it happen.

Regarding the law change, don't hold your breath.

5. Hmm, so you're willing to commit a crime if there's little chance of being caught. Interesting

6. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

eBike could be your best bet to remain legal.

7. Nowt wrong with that

8. Bishop Mackem

Bishop Mackem Striker

Everyone does this every day at some point tbf

9. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

Same as every other person alive

10. All the crims outing themselves now. :lol:

11. Lambchops

Lambchops Striker

You never flaunted the law like?

12. Dogbark

Dogbark Striker

Are you one of those types that pretend that you don't speed?

13. anth

anth Winger

So a quick read up and the reason they are illegal is because there is no law for them. They don't fall into any other category so they aren't given one, and therefore can't go anywhere other than private land. The law needs updating to include these and ease up the restrictions on e-bikes.

14. kossoff

kossoff Winger

I do not own an electric scooter because they're for kids.

Also a blight on the local cities here. Old historical buildings with these pieces of shit (scooters) dumped outside them.

Hope this helps.

15. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

It did not but thanks for the time taken.

16. kossoff

kossoff Winger

My pleasure, as always.

17. Lefty Frizzell

Lefty Frizzell Midfield

Do you have any specific requirements for the scooter? As in it needs to be able to hold up to 10 tubs of hummus, all components must be plant based etc... Also, are you just looking for one, or are you getting matching scooters for you and your boyfriend?

18. Belch

Belch Midfield

A woman at work is thinking of getting one as her asthma made her give up cycling & electric bikes are too heavy for her to carry up & down the steps to her home. Do think that adults look like twats using them but they're good if they keep peeps mobile who would otherwise be restricted.

19. kossoff

kossoff Winger

You've only discussed your commute to work. What happens on the return journey? Surely more people about then and less foxes.

20. This one's a steal -
    [​IMG]