Electric scooters

Right let's have another go. Does anyone aside from miss f***ing know it all, have an electric scooter?

I am no expert on them, so I can't offer any advice on which models to look at etc. But what I would say is look very carefully at the battery inside them, check if it is user replaceable, find out what size it is and along with the motor size check what the max draw there can be. So, for example, a 10amp battery at 24v is 240w, if the motor is 240w then the draw is '1C' and it'll be flat in an hour. Most lithium batteries are fine with that and will last a decent amount of time. If the battery is 10amp and 12v with the same 240w motor then your draw is '2C' which cheap lithium-ion cells (like 18650s) can start to struggle with damaging their lifespan, if its lithium polymer (lipo) then they can handle much higher C ratings, but they often don't have as a big capacity.

I haven't looked into the legalities of them, but if I lived within 3 miles it would definitely be something I'd look more into, especially if you can recharge at work making your commute free.
Eventually. Thank you. I pass about 2 foxes and a pigeon on the way to work so being collared likely not going to happen

Last edited:

I do see them all the time on my commute and it doesn't seem to be anything people are stopped for.

The people riding them are mostly twats like in too short trousers and beards

I am no expert on them, so I can't offer any advice on which models to look at etc. But what I would say is look very carefully at the battery inside them, check if it is user replaceable, find out what size it is and along with the motor size check what the max draw there can be. So, for example, a 10amp battery at 24v is 240w, if the motor is 240w then the draw is '1C' and it'll be flat in an hour. Most lithium batteries are fine with that and will last a decent amount of time. If the battery is 10amp and 12v with the same 240w motor then your draw is '2C' which cheap lithium-ion cells (like 18650s) can start to struggle with damaging their lifespan, if its lithium polymer (lipo) then they can handle much higher C ratings, but they often don't have as a big capacity.

I haven't looked into the legalities of them, but if I lived within 3 miles it would definitely be something I'd look more into, especially if you can recharge at work making your commute free.
They look a tad dangerous to me.

I used to cycle 5 miles to work, I didn't even break sweat after a couple of weeks.

Just cycle & forget about those stupid hipster electric scooters ffs.

I think he has his heart set on this nonsense

Probably be drinking his capachoochoo on his way ya ya ya ya

Eventually. Thank you. I pass about 2 foxes and a pigeon on the way to work so being collared likely not going to happen

I really don't get the hate for them. Zero emission fairly speedy way to get to and from work that you can pick up and put in the corner of the office. As long as your not a prat going at full speed on pedestrianised areas of course.

I really don't get the hate for them. Zero emission fairly speedy way to get to and from work that you can pick up and put in the corner of the office. As long as your not a prat going at full speed on pedestrianised areas of course.
Same mate. Seems a quick way to get to work. Granted I'll look a bit silly but if it saves me 30 mins or more per day it's worth every sneering look.

How fast can they go like? Convenience over style would win for me.

Back