Electric cars at work

I've had an ipace for over a year so know a bit about charging, I also know charging rates can vary massively and also know that depending on driving conditions and driving style the range can vary massively but if you'd ever owned or used an electric car you would know this.
You wouldn’t make much of a dent with a 3 pin plug on an iPace, they aren’t all like that. It gets a lot more miles per kWh

I bet you’ve never got more than 200 miles out of it!
Just looked at the E Nero specs. 0-60 is 7.5 seconds for the 201hp version.
Be careful with your right foot if you only get 60 odd miles to an 8 hour charge.
It’ll have an eco mode and regen braking

Are you saying the reported range doesn’t factor in regen braking?
Aye that one

I looked at one recently that had circa 300 mile range for a reported £17 worth of juice. That’s probably between a quarter and a third of the cost of mine to fill/ run for similar miles.
A tenner a week top up somewhere would probably break the balance between always being close to empty and having a reserve.

Last edited:
No, it’s a sliding scale, it takes ages to add the last 100 miles.

If you’d ever owned or used an electric car you’d know this.

It’s a 60kwh battery, a 3 pin plug will do 2kwh

The car will do 282 miles fully charged, but he’ll only need about 12kwh to easily do 50 miles.

That’s 6 hours worth of charge.

8 hours should be comfortable, even allowing for winter temperatures etc.

I literally have an electric car, do you? It honestly sounds like you don’t, you haven’t factored in any real world figures or anything

Last edited:
I had a model S about 5 years ago and a leaf first generation

Well then I have no idea what you’re moaning about at all, seems like you just want a bit of aggro. 50 miles isn’t a bad estimate of real world range from a three pin plug bearing in mind I said this to him before he told me what car he has.

My car projects around 60 theoretical miles from 8 hours on a three pin so fuck knows what your problem is 😂

Forgive my ignorance. Are charging points hooked up to renewable electricity?

They’re e connected to the grid which is currently 60% combined cycle gas turbine, 15% nuclear, 5% offshore wind and the balance other.

There is no mechanism to specifically direct electrons generated by renewables into appliances. Renewable power supply is contracts not physics.

They’re e connected to the grid which is currently 60% combined cycle gas turbine, 15% nuclear, 5% offshore wind and the balance other.

There is no mechanism to specifically direct electrons generated by renewables into appliances. Renewable power supply is contracts not physics.
When I did some offshore turbine work, the chief engineer told me that the government were doing a great job of hoodwinking the people about green energy. He said it will never completely fulfil our requirements, not in a million years.
When resellers tell you you’re on a green energy plan, how do they separate the energy coming to your house from the dirty gas energy going next door?

Last edited:
When I did some offshore turbine work, the chief engineer told me that the government were doing a great job of hoodwinking the people about green energy. He said it will never completely fulfil our requirements, not in a million years.

I’ve said this before on here and I’m reasonably confident it will come true. Oil and gas is being demonised (not without good reason) and will die out in the next twenty years or so as a power source. Once we are all on leccy cars, the price per mile will increase from 6p to something near what we pay now. They are playing a long game and will win.

That said, we currently have 10gw of offshore capacity and they are looking to increase this to 60gw. It will still fall short of demand at that point in time.
When resellers tell you you’re on a green energy plan, how do they separate the energy coming to your house from the dirty gas energy going next door?

Exactly. They don’t. No new cables or anything. Capacity is in the grid and you get power from multiple sources.

Last edited:
Well then I have no idea what you’re moaning about at all, seems like you just want a bit of aggro. 50 miles isn’t a bad estimate of real world range from a three pin plug bearing in mind I said this to him before he told me what car he has.

My car projects around 60 theoretical miles from 8 hours on a three pin so fuck knows what your problem is 😂
Exactly. You can’t know without knowing the car.

All cars do different amount of miles per kWh.

A bmw i3 can do loads of miles off 8 hours on a plug, for example.

Sorry if it seemed like I was having a go, it’s just a lot of people talk a lot of shite on this subject.

Last edited:
The whole world will be driving electric cars before long……….it will cut pollution and deaths caused by oil powered cars.
My next car will definitely be electric

When I did the sums to see if I could afford it, they were based on spending zero on charging, ever.

He said he’ll get an outdoor 3 pin put in and I can use that. That would do until someone else gets one.

No but several on this thread get it free so why wouldn’t I?

fucksake Herbal man :lol:

The boss says he’ll get chargers but you’ll have to pay to use them. I just assumed people charged at work for free as part of the go green incentive

Never thought of that. Might just run a 3 pin in the window
Someone has to pay for the electricity, beyond me why people would expect it for free.

You wouldn’t make much of a dent with a 3 pin plug on an iPace, they aren’t all like that. It gets a lot more miles per kWh

I bet you’ve never got more than 200 miles out of it!

I get about 240 miles out of my I pace, went to the lakes and back last weekend no bother, still had 40 miles left when I got back

The boss says he’ll get chargers but you’ll have to pay to use them. I just assumed people charged at work for free as part of the go green incentive

Never thought of that. Might just run a 3 pin in the window

tighter than a fishes arse! it'll be under a tenner to recharge

Back