El Camino released this Friday....

i really enjoyed it tbh, but at the same time, i felt like it was an unnecessary part of the storyline that was already assumed from the ending of the original series.
One of the reasons breaking bad was so good, was because it ended at the right time and didn't dilute itself.

As part of my thoroughly mundane life I really enjoyed it. I like the slow dialogue and scenery. I like Jesse being asked what pizza he liked. It’s so much better than ‘fast action’ bollocks. I liked the fella in the vacuum shop. It was like a very good episode from the series. And Walter’s missus wasn’t in it. Takes me back.

It was up there with my best two hours this week.

As part of my thoroughly mundane life I really enjoyed it. I like the slow dialogue and scenery. I like Jesse being asked what pizza he liked. It’s so much better than ‘fast action’ bollocks. I liked the fella in the vacuum shop. It was like a very good episode from the series. And Walter’s missus wasn’t in it. Takes me back.

It was up there with my best two hours this week.
Aye.i didn't think.it was as poor as has been made out like.pleased Jessie got on With his life unscathed .well relatively unscathed

i really enjoyed it tbh, but at the same time, i felt like it was an unnecessary part of the storyline that was already assumed from the ending of the original series.
One of the reasons breaking bad was so good, was because it ended at the right time and didn't dilute itself.

Don't know about that. The series could have easily ended after the fourth series.

thought it was a bit pointless tbh

a story that didn't need to be told

Todd's somewhat changed appearance was incredibly distracting aswell

Last edited:
the whole thing blurs into one for me, was series 5 before or after the scene with "gus & the wheelchair dude in the hospital"? <no spoilers>
After. As you say though Series 4 was probably the best. That moment in Ozymandias with Hank... stayed with me, that did.

He does remind me of Matt Damon
His nickname on-set was "Meth Damon"
the whole thing blurs into one for me, was series 5 before or after the scene with "gus & the wheelchair dude in the hospital"? <no spoilers>
Series 5 was in 2 parts wasn't it? Part 1 went from The aftermath of Fring/Salamanca up until the "Leaves of Grass" incident [trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't see it yet] then Part 2 was the aftermath of Hank finding out

Last edited:
AS others have mentioned, I think the whole thing was to tie up some lose ends and set the scene for a spin off in Alaska with Jesse, either that or he gets bored in Alaska and goes back to New Mexico - hope so anyway

Amazing performance by Paul. Had me on edge all the way through. There’s still so much room for more stuff in that universe not that I think they should but the characters all have ridiculous depth. Nice to see Jesse get away and have a proper ending. Considering how long it’s been since the show ended I thought the continuity was superb. Everyone just dropped back into their roles perfectly. Class.

Back