eGPU’s

Shieldsman

Striker
I’ve got a laptop which I use for work which I love. It’s got an 11th gen intel processor but is running iris xe integrated graphics. They're ok but no good for any demanding titles. I was looking at getting an egpu to boost the graphics performance for a bit of gaming.
Does anyone have one / have any recommendations? Is it just a case of getting the box thing, sticking a graphics card in and then it works in a sort of plug and play way once connected to thunderbolt 3? Cheers.

Pretty much as you described, get the eGPU, whack a GPU in and off you go. Have a look at what kind of games you wanna play, what resolution you want to play them at. Then decide on a GPU, then take a look at the best eGPU enclosure to meet those requirements.

Decent list here:

Others may know more, or have one already and can chip in with some more help!
Thanks mate. I'm pretty much addicted to flight simulator. I've got it running at around 35-40 FPS on medium settings on this laptop which has a gtx 1650ti graphics card. I realise it's an expensive investment but would like to play this and a couple of other AAA games in higher settings and to have a 60FPS+ frame rate.

Thanks mate. I'm pretty much addicted to flight simulator. I've got it running at around 35-40 FPS on medium settings on this laptop which has a gtx 1650ti graphics card. I realise it's an expensive investment but would like to play this and a couple of other AAA games in higher settings and to have a 60FPS+ frame rate.

For flight sim, you want a beast! Probably grab that 3090 from the classifieds on here, decent price.

I’m keen but not £1500 keen! That’s a canny bit more than the actual laptop!

Haha aye, it depends what you wanna do mate. If you want to keep it going for a while ,probably a sound investment. If you just want a blast now and then on flight sim, maybe better getting the new xbox, loads cheaper!

Haha aye, it depends what you wanna do mate. If you want to keep it going for a while ,probably a sound investment. If you just want a blast now and then on flight sim, maybe better getting the new xbox, loads cheaper!
Aye, I was thinking that - it’ll be interesting to see how it runs on the new Xbox.

Back