Egg chasers of the SMB

Any of you follow a club rugby team, or is it all about the international games?

I'm watching a lot of Aviva premiership games and the standard's excellent. But I'm wondering if I should throw my lot in with a club. The North East team is a non starter - Newcastle Falcons, my arse. My local team is Saracens so maybe them, but they're not exactly a flair team. Of the teams with real attacking ability they're the big clubs and something isn't right about being a glory bastard whatever the sport...

Started going back to KP about 6 months back but mainly just watch the highlights on ITV though, don't follow much more than that.

I've always followed Bath in domestic rugby, been a cracking start to the season so far, even with the defeat at the Saints yesterday. Looking like it should be a great season overall, the standard so far has been excellent.

I watch the 6 Nations apart from matches on when football is on but have no interest at all in club rugby (union).

Edit: Also watch the world cup and take an interest in how the autumn internationals are going and watch the Lions tours.

Any of you follow a club rugby team, or is it all about the international games?

I'm watching a lot of Aviva premiership games and the standard's excellent. But I'm wondering if I should throw my lot in with a club. The North East team is a non starter - Newcastle Falcons, my arse. My local team is Saracens so maybe them, but they're not exactly a flair team. Of the teams with real attacking ability they're the big clubs and something isn't right about being a glory bastard whatever the sport...

Sale Sharks fan here.

Like you, couldn't bring myself to follow Newcastle. At the time I properly got into Rugby I was a young kid and idolised Jason Robinson so thought I'd follow Sale.

Re: Glory supporting, I follow Durham Cricket Club and it's class winning things quite often :lol:

London Welsh. On the minus side the poor wee underdogs are gubbed every week. On the plus side, the Welsh bastards get gubbed every week. Supporting them is therefore win-win. Either the underdogs win, or the Welsh get hammered.

Fortunately my local team is Harlequins and I see them when I'm unable to get to see the lads. Been supporting them since the game turned professional. My first team were always Richmond which I immediately started supporting when I moved down in the seventies, but only see them a couple of times a season these days as the standard is pretty poor .... always a good drink though :lol:

My local village team (Horden) has a thriving rugby scene for such a small village, three senior teams on a saturday, 3 junior teams and 5 colt teams. Very much still a amateur club with nobody getting paid to play. The first team are in Northern league, north east one along side teams like Sheffield, Driffeld, West Hartlepool. They are finding it a struggle but its a superb effort to get to that league in the first place

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hordenrugbyclub/

Never did in the UK but follow the Waratahs here in the Super 15. Tremendous rugby. Great win for them too this year.

Have also found myself watching more league as that's more popular here. My local team are in their first grand final for forty odd years. Been some bloody good and brutal rugby there too.

My local village team (Horden) has a thriving rugby scene for such a small village, three senior teams on a saturday, 3 junior teams and 5 colt teams. Very much still a amateur club with nobody getting paid to play. The first team are in Northern league, north east one along side teams like Sheffield, Driffeld, West Hartlepool. They are finding it a struggle but its a superb effort to get to that league in the first place

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hordenrugbyclub/
Always remember a prop who played for Horden named Stinky. Massive fucker but not the brightest.

Back