Egg chasers of the SMB

A few snippets coming out about Borthwick's matchday squad announcement due this pm:

10-12-13 of Smith, Farrell, Marchant; Ollie Hassell-Collins and Malins on the wings; Watson and Ollie Lawrence on the bench
Ludlam at 6, Ben Curry at 7. Earl on the bench.

Last edited:
In other news, it looks like Worcester Warriors might be on the verge of coming back. New (old) owners in place and they have till 14th February to be accepted by the RFU to play in the championship next season.

Wasps also in a similar situation.

A few snippets coming out about Borthwick's matchday squad announcement due this pm:

10-12-13 of Smith, Farrell, Marchant; Ollie Hassell-Collins and Malins on the wings; Watson and Ollie Lawrence on the bench
Ludlam at 6, Ben Curry at 7. Earl on the bench.
Dead on.

I’m relatively happy with the team although I’d have preferred Watson or Murley on the wing ahead of Malins.

So excited for Saturday now. Got a table booked at a pub in Solihull for both games. 🍺

Cole on the bench - is he going to change the game coming on at 60?

That's minutes, not his age
I'm a bit pissed off we're still sticking with Farrell at 12, have we learned nothing from the clusterfuck of Jones doing that?

Otherwise it looks a strong team and if we can actually play to our strengths, we'll have a good chance.

Love the build up to the Six Nations!

All the other centre options are injured I think
Also I personally think the problem wasn't Farrell playing 12, it was the lack of an actual attacking pattern for him and Smith to actually play to

Last edited:
I think long term Borthwick wants Dan Kelly at 12 but unfortunately he seems to be very injury prone. Farrell has to play as he’s captain so that probably puts Smith on the bench, Farrell at 10 and centres of Kelly and Marchant/Lawrence.

Hoping to see some more of Henry Arundell very soon too. What a talent he looks.

Predictions for this weekend:

England to beat Scotland narrowly, looking good in fits and starts but not telling us that much otherwise.

Ireland to give Wales a bit of a paggering

France to labour a bit but eventually beat Italy by a big margin

Predictions for this weekend:

England to beat Scotland narrowly, looking good in fits and starts but not telling us that much otherwise.

Ireland to give Wales a bit of a paggering

France to labour a bit but eventually beat Italy by a big margin
Pretty much this.

Love the six nations me. Even when England inevitably ruin the weekend

Did they used to have Six Nations games on Friday nights? I have a very vague memory of watching Wales v England on a Friday night in about 2011 but not sure if I’m mistaken.

Did they used to have Six Nations games on Friday nights? I have a very vague memory of watching Wales v England on a Friday night in about 2011 but not sure if I’m mistaken.
Only been a couple iirc

Not a fan of them personally, although I just about remember the old five nations and it would be one or two games a weekend.

The last time the scotch won the five nations England had a month off before the decider

Back