Egg chasers of the SMB

It's absolutely maddening! That's what we're capable of, but after 35 minutes of looking like our players have never met each other before.
I genuinely don’t get it. When you look at some of the ex head coaches you wonder why they’ve struggled. Some real quality have held the reigns.

When blackadder took over was the downfall for bath.
Club rugby teams can defend better than bath. Sitting here watching that last try and you could have scripted the plays there. Drag the defence over and then fire it back towards the opposite touch.

The defence coach needs to get down to the local leagues tomorrow and watch some defending

Last edited:

Rugby Union just doesn’t have the appeal of football to be able to compete on a Saturday, especially when there is so much grass roots played Saturday - most rugby people more aligned to their local club than a big team. I’ll rather go and watch a local team where I’ll know some players rather than pay £30 to watch a team I have no real affiliation with.

Bristol get it right by playing Home games Friday night where possible and get decent crowds even when it’s live on TV as it’s a good night out - live music outside ground, drink beer at your seat etc
Wasps are up the creek without a paddle their fallout will affect Coventry.
I’ve stayed at the Ricoh quite a bit over last few years and you would never know that a football team had ever played there.

I don’t know the background- but it’s madness not sharing a nice big stadium like that

Last edited:
Rugby Union just doesn’t have the appeal of football to be able to compete on a Saturday, especially when there is so much grass roots played Saturday - most rugby people more aligned to their local club than a big team. I’ll rather go and watch a local team where I’ll know some players rather than pay £30 to watch a team I have no real affiliation with.

Bristol get it right by playing Home games Friday night where possible and get decent crowds even when it’s live on TV as it’s a good night out - live music outside ground, drink beer at your seat etc

I’ve stayed at the Ricoh quite a bit over last few years and you would never know that a football team had ever played there.

I don’t know the background- but it’s madness not sharing a nice big stadium like that
Disagree. Worcester have a big following as do teams like Exeter,saints, Leicester, Quins etc

Even the falcons regularly get over 5k.

Wasps used to get decent crowds till they made the move north. Reducing ticket prices might help but ultimately the RFU haven’t been fit to administer and run the game for a long time.

The seats are still sky blue.

If Wasps go the the same way a Worcester, which looks likely as they appear to have been using HMRC as a piggy bank, the stadium will be locked and Coventry being tenants of Wasps will have to go cap in hand to another EFL team to complete their season.

Disagree. Worcester have a big following as do teams like Exeter,saints, Leicester, Quins etc

Wasps used to get decent crowds till they made the move north. Reducing ticket prices might help but ultimately the RFU haven’t been fit to administer and run the game for a long time.
The move north has never made sense for Wasps. Have they ever sold out the Ricoh? Most weeks they don't even open the stands behind the posts and there are still loads empty in the areas that are on sale.

Adams Park seemed the right size for them and they had an established fanbase in Wycombe.
The culture department have put Worcester into administration which apparently is a good thing as there are 2 interested parties who are ready to step in with bids but we’re waiting for the club to go into administration.
What's the deal for the suspension being lifted?

financial assurances they can meet the payroll, have liability insurance and an agreed plan moving forwards.

I’m no expert but I think the administration bit means the new bods won’t be liable for the existing £25 million debt.
All seems fair. I don't see how they couldn't relegate them at the same time if this lets them off their debt, but as long as the club stays afloat, relegation and clearing the decks could be what the club needs.

Worcester City FC still haven’t got their own ground having sold St George’s off years ago for a housing development.

There’s been noises about them sharing the ground with Warriors which would make a lot of sense but some Warriors fans are dead against it.

Worcester City FC still haven’t got their own ground having sold St George’s off years ago for a housing development.

There’s been noises about them sharing the ground with Warriors which would make a lot of sense but some Warriors fans are dead against it.
Surely that would benefit both parties, I can't see why they would be against it other than the age old rugby snobbery about the round ball that thankfully seems a lot less common these days.

The problem is how much they are charging small/medium crowds to get in, so the gates wont grow, especially when those that are into Rugby are otherwise engaged when the games are on. Its trying to punch too much above its weight. Exeter v Quins was 9,400 spectators....on a Sunday...in a good rugby area

Plymouth v Ipswich got just under 15k+ on same day

Back