Egg chasers of the SMB

id have stuck him in 2nd tow and dropped AWJ to bench personally. Have a more mobile back five and get the forward ball carriers running at 10 area all game to open things up
AWJ is undroppable with gatland.

understand why he’s there for his leadership skills etc but he hasn’t been great either.

I’d love to see simmonds running at the 10/12 channel with ball in hand.

understand why he’s there for his leadership skills etc but he hasn’t been great either.

agree on AWJ and Gatland. People go on about how Gatland will make the big calls. I think this was his biggest and he has bottled it. Let’s see if he has the balls to pull Biggar off ( 😳 ) after 45/50 mins if we need to pull something out of the bag

I think with AWJ and seeing him on 'my' side for once, you can see more of the leadership he brings, perhaps more so in the first test when he was always in the ref's ear, making sure he stood slightly in front of Kalisi and generally just being a pain in the arse. The ref clearly wasn't putting up with any of that (from him) in the 2nd test. He has to stay IMHO, and we need him doing what he does best and getting the ref on side early.

World Cup postponed

Right decision I think and it was apparently on a knife edge whether it would just be cancelled.

hhmmm im not sure about that... The postponement I mean.... Feels like powers have just bowed to Australias demands... How financially viable it was without Aus and NZ in was a worry as it’s those teams that would draw crowds. Delaying it a year might have been the only alternative to cancelling it all together.

Be interesting what happens with the cricket this winter. Australia might get a taste of their own medicine

Thoughts ahead of today? I can't help feeling the Saffas landed a big psychological blow last week that we'll struggle to get back on track from.

We'll really miss Watson in the back three today, how he ended up being dropped ahead of Van Der Merwe I can't work out.
Need to do a South Africa and come out fast and strong and don’t let them settle, can’t wait 🍺👍

Felt confident for both other games but not feeling as confident for this game … hope I’m wrong
Thoughts ahead of today? I can't help feeling the Saffas landed a big psychological blow last week that we'll struggle to get back on track from.

We'll really miss Watson in the back three today, how he ended up being dropped ahead of Van Der Merwe I can't work out.
Agree VDM did nothing to get his place

Last edited:

Back