Egg chasers of the SMB

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve just got back from the match and it was unbelievably ‘flat’. Although to be fair, the rugby in the first half didn’t really do much to fire everyone up.

I’ve just been also. The rugby was so bad in the first half. Just no pace to the play or anything. Can understand the boos for the goal kicks as well, you are two weeks before a World Cup I don’t get why they aren’t trying to get some fluidity in movement going forward, some pace in the game and some combinations. Not sure how much you can read from that, but certainly worrying going into the tournament.

But it was disgraceful really the state of a large quantity of people there. Seen one fight in the stands, one guy drop four pints all over some poor lass and some bloke leave the metro after two stops to pass out on the platform.
Seen more violence in that one game of rugby than I have in 22 years of football home and away.

I’ve just been also. The rugby was so bad in the first half. Just no pace to the play or anything. Can understand the boos for the goal kicks as well, you are two weeks before a World Cup I don’t get why they aren’t trying to get some fluidity in movement going forward, some pace in the game and some combinations. Not sure how much you can read from that, but certainly worrying going into the tournament.

But it was disgraceful really the state of a large quantity of people there. Seen one fight in the stands, one guy drop four pints all over some poor lass and some bloke leave the metro after two stops to pass out on the platform.
Seen more violence in that one game of rugby than I have in 22 years of football home and away.
I know a load of lads who aren’t rugby fans who went tonight. Friday night, live sport, drink in the stands.

It’s a novelty for some folk tbf

I know a load of lads who aren’t rugby fans who went tonight. Friday night, live sport, drink in the stands.

It’s a novelty for some folk tbf

Oh I can see why they did it. Stupid time to have it really, always encouraged this type of thing to happen. Shame the rugby wasn’t better though as a good game would have quelled any issues tbh

Oh I can see why they did it. Stupid time to have it really, always encouraged this type of thing to happen. Shame the rugby wasn’t better though as a good game would have quelled any issues tbh
I agree - the standard of rugby was generally piss poor in the first half. What should have been a really prestigious event, celebrating our international team playing in our region, and onewhich people had looked forward to for months led to quite tangible disappointment.

I had a ticket but got called away to work so I gave it to one of the lads. It seems he and some of the others met at noon for a good drink and took a bottle of whisky in for the match itself. Might have been them you saw. Older blokes mind, 50's for the most part.

The all blacks have just brushed tonga aside 92-7. the all blacks even played with 14 on the pitch for the last 20 mins or so just to practice being a man down.

I was sat in the Gallowgate and thought the atmosphere was decent but then again you are sat directly under a metal roof.

Hummed of arse on the concourse mind, right next to the food :confused:

Grauniad guide to Ireland at this rugby world cup.

Never won a knockout game :eek:
Samoa

Russia

Scotland

Last edited:
And now Canada

Namibia

Last edited:

Back