Egg chasers of the SMB

Israel Folau getting the sack for his Twitter antics is going to hurt the Aussies at the World Cup

Mixed feelings about this. Not sure he deserves to be sacked for Twitter outrage, I was quite enjoying the situation of him exercising his freedom to be a knobend and everyone else exercising their right to tear him to shreds on the internet. It's more likely that he's got a clause in his contract where they can sack him if his social media activity drops them in the shit with their sponsors.

Folau must have known it could lead to this, and is putting his personal beliefs ahead of his career, which you have to respect I suppose.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings about this. Not sure he deserves to be sacked for Twitter outrage, I was quite enjoying the situation of him exercising his freedom to be a knobend and everyone else exercising their right to tear him to shreds on the internet. It's more likely that he's got a clause in his contract where they can sack him if his social media activity drops them in the air with their sponsors.

Folau must have known it could lead to this, and is putting his personal beliefs ahead of his career, which you have to respect I suppose.
You respect his views ?

You respect his views ?

No, I think he's an absolute whopper. I do however think that he sincerely believes this shit, and is prepared to stand up for his shit views even if it gets him in trouble.

Not sure if there's an easy answer to this tbh. On one hand it could be really damaging if his expression of his views led to homophobic attacks on innocent people. But it's a bit of a dodgy precedent to start censoring people. The Colin Kaepernick situation is very different but it's out of order for him to have been blacklisted for his views.

Straight into a new multi million euro contract in France. The cynic in me thinks it’s on purpose
Just looked at his twitter. He's not tweeted anything for months and then this. Seems strange really to all of a sudden take to twitter in this way. He must have known what the fall out would be.

Gutted for the NSW Waratahs mind.

Leicester are very lucky ducks tonight. If Newcastle hadn't spent the first 30 minutes totally shitting the bed they'd have won that. Leicester won't go down but they don't deserve to be any higher than 10th

What do you think about Bath? First 20-25 minutes you looked really good
I thought today showed how good Gloucester are and how good Bath can be. Our defending during the second 20 was very impressive, so frustrating to concede that penalty with seconds on the clock at the end of the first half, that was the difference ultimately.

Great game and a great atmosphere, love the annual pilgrimage to Castle Grimm, even if didn't go as well as my last 5 visits.

Back