Egg chasers of the SMB

Lawes on BASTARD beats that
Some hit mind. I winced watching the replays.

Can’t believe that he’s a centre. No wonder France can’t create anything when the props are playing in the creative positions.

I grew up watching the great French teams of the early 90s and the way they threw the ball around the park. I wouldnt say it’s a shame to see them playing so badly because I always enjoy beating the French, but it’s more enjoyable when they at least put up a fight.

I grew up watching the great French teams of the early 90s and the way they threw the ball around the park.

Used to love watching the likes of Sella, Blanco etc in full flight chucking those brown balls with the black ends (Gilbert?) about. The baggy Addidas shirts, the flair etc all added to the spectacle. Not so keen on it when England were on the receiving end mind,

I absolutely loved French rugby. Toured there, and in the 70's their mixture of brilliance and brutality saw them as the only side who could compete with Wales and the All Blacks. I saw England beat France 7-6 in 1979 and it still remains one of the best England performances I've ever seen.

It really saddens me to see them so, so awful.

House of Rugby :

Being late to Podcasts, I've just stumbled across this weekly one. I realise it may have been mentioned before, but it is a good listen and some funny tales. Recommended.

Last edited:
See Eddie Jones has that wonderful example to all sports stars, John Terry come in a give the squad a pep talk.

Talking about jinxing yourself....

House of Rugby :

Being late to Podcasts, I've just stumbled across this weekly one. I realise it may have been mentioned before, but it is a good listen and some funny tales. Recommended.
Blood and Mud is good if you like the idea of listening to a Rugby equivalent of Football Ramble.

Back