Egg chasers of the SMB

I think Chiefs have just had their customary bad patch. Scarily for the opposition that translates to exactly one league defeat
It just goes to show the gulf in class between the top 2 and the rest. If the Premiership final isn't between those 2, something will have gone seriously wrong.

After my earlier pessimism, Bath seem to be doing their traditional tactic of making us think they can get an unlikely win before somehow blowing it late on.

Merry f***ing Christmas!!! How about that for some pest control.

Delighted for Freddie Burns after the Toulouse nightmare.

If we could beat the Tiggers next weekend, it would be a perfect Christmas.

Last edited:
It just goes to show the gulf in class between the top 2 and the rest. If the Premiership final isn't between those 2, something will have gone seriously wrong.

After my earlier pessimism, Bath seem to be doing their traditional tactic of making us think they can get an unlikely win before somehow blowing it late on.

Merry f***ing Christmas!!! How about that for some pest control.

Delighted for Freddie Burns after the Toulouse nightmare.

If we could beat the Tiggers next weekend, it would be a perfect Christmas.

Seem to have done the job today, still think that team is out of whack. Some class players but a lot of bang average ones as well

Seem to have done the job today, still think that team is out of whack. Some class players but a lot of bang average ones as well
Yeah I agree, there's just something 'off' about Bath this season. I do like the Chudley-Burns partnership at half back and our back row can be world class when fit. We're desperately missing some of our other first choice players, Obano, Watson and even Joseph. For all his inconsistency last season, he does stick the 3/4 line together and perhaps hasn't been given enough credit for that before.

At least we have shown today that we can play our own game against quality opposition, and we can close a tight game out professionally. Many times I've seen us snatch defeat from a game like that.

@chelt_mackem were you at the Warriors v Bath game?

It all sounded a bit mental with Warriors nicking the win in the 99th minute against 11 Bath players :lol:

Timely win to take them clear on points from the Falcons at the bottom.
I wasn't at the game, but wondered when this one would come up. Typical Bath to go from 16 points up at half time to a non-scoring second half.

It sounded like an utter farce at the end with the ref constantly awarding penalties but not giving the penalty try. Great performance from the Warriors to force a very good win.

Big win for Ulster over Racing 92 :cool:
Some game to be fair.

Have to say though the Irish RFU have a massive advantage over the rest of the competition.

Rest the world class players in the league and let them play in the big games in Europe.

Leinster humped Ulster in the pro 12 a few weeks ago with the reserves out.

Some game to be fair.

Have to say though the Irish RFU have a massive advantage over the rest of the competition.

Rest the world class players in the league and let them play in the big games in Europe.

Leinster humped Ulster in the pro 12 a few weeks ago with the reserves out.

Leinster's squad has enough depth to be able to turn out two world class XVs.

Ulster have to weigh up what means more to them, a financially lucrative European quarter final and going potentially further, or picking up injuries to key players in a league game they would always struggle to win.

Ulster played their 2XV and it contained 11 nobodys and 4 academy kids.

The IRFU controls the game over there brilliantly and it obviously works, hence the current Pro 14, European Cup and 6 Nations holders all being Irish.

They do give unfair advantage to Leinster and Munster over Connacht and Ulster.......

But like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter :evil:

Fine win for Exeter over Castres today. They definitely look like they're evolving into a champion team. They've probably left themselves too much to do now though. Getting through in Europe depends on them beating Munster at their place, which has only happened 4 times in the history of the Champions Cup.

Thought i'd post on here rather than make a new thread. Going to Kingston Park on Friday for the 1st time, what is parking like? Driving from Bishop Auckland so was thinking either park near ground, or park at a metro station (Heworth) and get the metro. Any advise on whats best?

Thought i'd post on here rather than make a new thread. Going to Kingston Park on Friday for the 1st time, what is parking like? Driving from Bishop Auckland so was thinking either park near ground, or park at a metro station (Heworth) and get the metro. Any advise on whats best?

Don't know personally, but thought I'd bump you to the top of the page anyway

Bank Foot station car park is free after 5 but you'll need to get there about 90 minutes-2 hours before kick off to guarantee a spot. Wouldn't park at the big Tesco unless you want to risk getting a fine however I think there is some parking next to Kingston Park station on the side of the line going towards the Airport where the lorrys unload.

Getting the Metro in from Heworth isn't too bad of an option but it can be manic right after the final whistle.

Bank Foot station car park is free after 5 but you'll need to get there about 90 minutes-2 hours before kick off to guarantee a spot. Wouldn't park at the big Tesco unless you want to risk getting a fine however I think there is some parking next to Kingston Park station on the side of the line going towards the Airport where the lorrys unload.

Getting the Metro in from Heworth isn't too bad of an option but it can be manic right after the final whistle.

Cheers, might be a case of walking down from our seats just before FT to make a quick escape.

England's Six Nations squad

Forwards: Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Back: Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ollie Thorley (Gloucester), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

I live in Kingston Park.

We have parking permits because people take the piss blocking streets and driveways on matchdays. Doesn’t bother me personally but it must be annoying for some.

Can probably use the Tesco car park nearby and the primary school gets used as match day parking.

Seriously doubt you’d get a fine in Tesco but he might not want to risk it.

Tbf I won’t be in so I might consider letting him use my drive :lol:

Last edited:

Back