Egg chasers of the SMB

Always nice to beat the Aussies but they're under strength and probably like the 6th best team in the world right now. And the performance has still been strewn with errors and poor decision making. The result is good but if you look at the performance there's nothing there to suggest we're a shoo in against Wales or Scotland even, let alone Ireland or the All Blacks.

Imagine NH rugby without South Pacific Islanders. It would be shit.
Fuck me your hard to please. Hammered the Aussies, beat SA and a fannies hair from beating NZ. Cheer up man.

Fuck me your hard to please. Hammered the Aussies, beat SA and a fannies hair from beating NZ. Cheer up man.
Done that before the last World Cup and add the All Blacks into the mix as well. Went out in the first rounds of the WC though and still not won a Grand Spam since 2003, so 15 years. With by far the most resources for rugby in the world.

Keep clapping mediocrity though

Done that before the last World Cup and add the All Blacks into the mix as well. Went out in the first rounds of the WC though and still not won a Grand Spam since 2003. With by far the most resources for rugby in the world.

Keep clapping mediocrity though!
Did I imagine the 2016 Grand Slam then? Or does that not count because it's not mediocre?

Done that before the last World Cup and add the All Blacks into the mix as well. Went out in the first rounds of the WC though and still not won a Grand Spam since 2003, so 15 years. With by far the most resources for rugby in the world.

Keep clapping mediocrity though

Personally i think the elements are there and some of our play has been very good. What's missing is a level up in defending intensity and a more effective attacking plan. With some more ball and better angles, players like May, Joe Co, Daly and even Slade would be unstoppable

Did I imagine the 2016 Grand Slam then? Or does that not count because it's not mediocre?
I stand corrected on that, soz!

Personally i think the elements are there and some of our play has been very good. What's missing is a level up in defending intensity and a more effective attacking plan. With some more ball and better angles, players like May, Joe Co, Daly and even Slade would be unstoppable
I don’t think we’re bad or anything. But we’re not consistent. For me:

Ireland
All Blacks (v close)

Then betweeen
SA
Wales
England
Scot

In really any order at any weekend, any of them could beat the other at any point really.

It’s exciting from a rugby perspective but England while good have been outpaced by the other teams. Look where we were two years ago and where the rest were. We’ve been fighting to stand still while the rest of how gotten markedly better. That’s the worry for me. And we seem to have an allergy to possession now. If we can’t get somewhere in 5 phases it’s a kick or mad pass.

We had a similar discussion last year when England were however many games unbeaten or whatever, and I said the same, forget the results, look at the performance. And I was priced right come 6 Nations. England are much better than they were a year ago no doubt but so is everyone else, and as always with England it feels like we’re a page behind on what matters the most in the modern game and lacking innovation.

Last edited:
Cips. They need Cips.

Back