Egg chasers of the SMB

Cipriani pleads guilty to common assault and resisting arrest, fined £2000 and ordered to pay £250 compensation to the police officer. The other 3 charges are dropped. I think he can consider himself lucky, given his previous for drink driving, not to have at least had to do some community service.

Cipriani pleads guilty to common assault and resisting arrest, fined £2000 and ordered to pay £250 compensation to the police officer. The other 3 charges are dropped. I think he can consider himself lucky, given his previous for drink driving, not to have at least had to do some community service.

Wasn’t one of the other charges supposed to be assaulting a police officer? Thought that would (and should) have carried a much more serious penalty.

That said I might have misread something as I’ve not paid too much attention to it.

Wasn’t one of the other charges supposed to be assaulting a police officer? Thought that would (and should) have carried a much more serious penalty.

That said I might have misread something as I’ve not paid too much attention to it.
That charge was dropped, along with the charges for larceny and being disorderly on licenced premises. What's surprising is that the £250 compensation appears to be just for resisting arrest, I could understand that being a punishment for assaulting a police officer (albeit a lenient one) but resisting arrest doesn't seem like something that would warrant individual compensation for the officer. Either way, I still think he can count himself rather lucky.

That charge was dropped, along with the charges for larceny and being disorderly on licenced premises. What's surprising is that the £250 compensation appears to be just for resisting arrest, I could understand that being a punishment for assaulting a police officer (albeit a lenient one) but resisting arrest doesn't seem like something that would warrant individual compensation for the officer. Either way, I still think he can count himself rather lucky.
He's been extremely lucky here

He's been extremely lucky here
It won't be the last scrape he'll get himself into and he's not impressing his teammates

Going to struggle to repeat top 4 imho
It's going to be a seriously competitive season this year IMHO. The usual suspects from the top 4 will be there or thereabouts, then it's looking like a massive scrap between the other teams who qualified for the European Cup for 4th with Sale always capable of joining that group.

From a Bath point of view, I'm just worried that our long injury list from last season is still just as long, but now with key players on it like Obano, Watson and JJ, all broken by England :evil:

The new season buzz has started though, got my ticket for our first home game against Gloucester today, can't wait!

Going to struggle to repeat top 4 imho
Very true. We've lost a lot of power and ability from our scrum with Olmstead and Latu leaving ontop of Vickers, Hogg and Lawson reitring but we've done alright to replace them so far with the likes of McGuigan and Mulipola ontop of a string of academy players who came through in the European and Cup competitons last year.

It's going to be a seriously competitive season this year IMHO. The usual suspects from the top 4 will be there or thereabouts, then it's looking like a massive scrap between the other teams who qualified for the European Cup for 4th with Sale always capable of joining that group.

From a Bath point of view, I'm just worried that our long injury list from last season is still just as long, but now with key players on it like Obano, Watson and JJ, all broken by England :evil:

The new season buzz has started though, got my ticket for our first home game against Gloucester today, can't wait!

Are you happy with the business you've done? I know it's not as significant as in football, but I thought you needed some changes in your squad, and Jamie Roberts didn't feel like the best way to use a.big chunk of your budget...

Very true. We've lost a lot of power and ability from our scrum with Olmstead and Latu leaving ontop of Vickers, Hogg and Lawson reitring but we've done alright to replace them so far with the likes of McGuigan and Mulipola ontop of a string of academy players who came through in the European and Cup competitons last year.

IMHO it's not so much what you've lost, it's just there's still a slight lack of depth which would make it difficult to hold off the challenge if two or three of Gloucester, Sale, Bath etc get their shit together this season

Are you happy with the business you've done? I know it's not as significant as in football, but I thought you needed some changes in your squad, and Jamie Roberts didn't feel like the best way to use a.big chunk of your budget...

IMHO it's not so much what you've lost, it's just there's still a slight lack of depth which would make it difficult to hold off the challenge if two or three of Gloucester, Sale, Bath etc get their shit together this season
I'm happy enough with bringing in Roberts. Last season we were constantly found lacking at 12 and having to play Banners out of position. Speaking of Banners, letting him go was a terrible piece of business for his commitment and versatility, however Cokanasiga as a replacement I'm more than happy with. I'm also happy with the depth at 9 since signing Chudley.

The worry is the same old lack of depth in the pack, we've lost Obano for the season, at the start of the season it looks like Noguera will be with Argentina, van Rooyen will need a break having played for the Lions right up until the end of the Super Rugby season, Catt has only just regained full fitness and that's just at loosehead. Now it looks like we'll lose Louw to South Africa for the start of the season as well.

We'll see how it pans out, I'm trying not to feel too optimistic at the moment.

Anyone get allocated 6 nations tickets , first ballot has been drawn

Got england vs Scotland in March , going to do the gold cup on Friday then this Saturday ... already cannot wait

Anyone get allocated 6 nations tickets , first ballot has been drawn

Got england vs Scotland in March , going to do the gold cup on Friday then this Saturday ... already cannot wait
I completely forgot to apply for both the Autumn Internationals and the Six Nations :evil: Still, I'll aim for the members ballot from Bath, but I imagine they'll be like rocking horse shite.

All blacks have just demolished the convicts in one of the best games of rugby I’ve seen in years.

Barrett was outstanding. If he could kick he’d make carter look a poor 10

Back