Egg chasers of the SMB

Really frustrating day today at the Rec. A cracking game and fair play to Newcastle, kept their heads after we got back into it and scored 2 great tries late on. I swear I'm cursed at the Rec, I never see us win there. Still, a sunny day and a gallon of Gem helps.

Really frustrating day today at the Rec. A cracking game and fair play to Newcastle, kept their heads after we got back into it and scored 2 great tries late on. I swear I'm cursed at the Rec, I never see us win there. Still, a sunny day and a gallon of Gem helps.

I had a feeling you might struggle against them, as Bath have been a bit unconvincing at times and Newcastle looked very decent against Saracens. No mugs up front and some decent running in the backs.

Wasps on the other hand were just dogshit. As good as Exeter were, they will be ten percent better at the end of the season as everything gels, and they really gave Wasps a hiding. They don't defend properly, their backs aren't really all that without Beale, Le Roux and Cipriani. Daly can only do so much with slow, static possession and the defence right up on him, likewise Wade.

I had a feeling you might struggle against them, as Bath have been a bit unconvincing at times and Newcastle looked very decent against Saracens. No mugs up front and some decent running in the backs.

Wasps on the other hand were just dogshit. As good as Exeter were, they will be ten percent better at the end of the season as everything gels, and they really gave Wasps a hiding. They don't defend properly, their backs aren't really all that without Beale, Le Roux and Cipriani. Daly can only do so much with slow, static possession and the defence right up on him, likewise Wade.
And our next game, Wasps! Fingers crossed they'll be as bad against us as against Exeter.

Newcastle definitely look on the up, and good for them, they've been steadily building for a while and it now appears to have started taking effect. They should have minimal squad disruption for internationals as well.

I just can't work Bath out, controlled the game really well against Saracens, most of the game against Leicester, then looked absolutely shit in every department against Northampton before finding our attacking flair again against Newcastle, but with a non-existent defence. It's our next 4 league games that will define the season, Wasps (a), Worcester (h), Gloucester (h), Irish (a). Win 3 out of 4 and the top 4 dream is alive again, less than that and it looks to be a season in with that fight to be in the top 6. At least we finally got through a game without picking up any injuries.

Just got my Scotland vs Australia tickets in the post. Sorted train last week. Looking forward to it

Whoever is sat next to you won't be.

My beloved Chiefs rumoured to be signing Alex Lozowski - would be a tremendous move imho

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/30/exeter-saracens-alex-lozowski-fly-half

He is a dreadful kicker.

:lol::lol:

On another note, Bath back on track, Wasps lose 3 on the trot! :eek:

And Sale mullered Gloucester!

Whoever is sat next to you won't be.

me fatha, he best enjoy it as i'm paying for his ticket :)

always a good day out up murrayfield. far more affordable as well.

half 8 train up to edinburh, arrive half 10, few drinks in edinburgh, match 2,30pm, train home 7pm, back in durham for 9pm. all good, would recommend murrayfield to anyone

Last edited:
I don't think it's as clear cut that Worcester are on their way, London Irish looked very good on the opening weekend but much more like relegation material this week, promotion bounce last week perhaps?

I'm inclined to agree about the top 4, a very encouraging start from Bath, and the other 3 definitely haven't dropped back from that level. Newcastle also look like they're continuing their general improvement and should be targeting the top 6.

As for Leicester :lol:
How did Worcester look today? That's a straight 6 losses from 6 games for them now, their Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, dropped the bombshell that he's off at the end of the season to become the head coach for USA.

How did Worcester look today? That's a straight 6 losses from 6 games for them now, their Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, dropped the bombshell that he's off at the end of the season to become the head coach for USA.
Some good moments, but not enough cutting edge really. Bath gave them a lot of possession in the first half and they only managed a single try from it, lineout was decent and the scrum in the game, but just not enough to consistently break Bath's strong defensive line.

A scrappy game overall, spoilt by the ref sending off Freddie Burns for a tip tackle when the Worcester player (couldn't see who it was from my seat) landed on his arm. Still I suppose I can't be too disappointed with a bonus point win in those circumstances.

Leicester only winning by one point and failing AGAIN to get a try bonus point :lol:

My beloved Chiefs with another handy win, but Newcastle look quite handy. If no one else sorts their consistency out they might be a cheeky outsider for the top 4

Leicester only winning by one point and failing AGAIN to get a try bonus point :lol:

My beloved Chiefs with another handy win, but Newcastle look quite handy. If no one else sorts their consistency out they might be a cheeky outsider for the top 4
Loving Leicester's new found shiteness, pity that Irish couldn't find one other score yesterday. The Worcester fans behind me were very relieved when that score came through.

Newcastle certainly look like the real deal, it'll all come down to consistency for them to challenge for the top 4, but as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the fact they won't lose many players to internationals will be a big bonus for them.

Back