Egg chasers of the SMB

The restart after the penalty gave us a great chance of getting the ball back and having possession til the final whistle (although we screwed it up). Deffo the correct decision.

New Zealand must have secured well over 50% of their own restarts during the series, and nearly every restart where they went for the short one, which they were obviously going to do in that situation.

Lions securing the ball was a long shot in itself.

New Zealand must have secured well over 50% of their own restarts during the series, and nearly every restart where they went for the short one, which they were obviously going to do in that situation.

Lions securing the ball was a long shot in itself.

Percentages were in favour of what the Lions did. You're speaking from the comfort of your armchair and with hindsight.

If NZ had had a kicker they would have been out of sight in game 2. The Lions only led for 3 mins in the whole series and got a draw. I'm happy with that cos it's much more than they deserved. Imho of course.

Two minutes to go.

Chance to seal a historic Lions series win in New Zealand. A chance that won't come around for another 12 years, and never again for these players.

So go for the draw!

There's a reason they weren't celebrating at the end. I reckon they'd for the win if they had their time again.

It also nearly resulted in defeat anyway. New Zealand dominated the restarts throughout the series.

A line out deep in their 22 and an opportunity to string a few phases together and look for the winning try. Even then, the DG would have been a fall back option if the defence held tight. There's a reason NZ are so good, it's their winning mentality. It's a good job the ref went to the TMO or we would have lost.

A line out deep in their 22 and an opportunity to string a few phases together and look for the winning try. Even then, the DG would have been a fall back option if the defence held tight. There's a reason NZ are so good, it's their winning mentality. It's a good job the ref went to the TMO or we would have lost.

That's just full of ifs and maybes. If they'd tried that and it came to nowt people would be saying they should have took the 3pts. Damned whatever way really.

Easy game from the armchair. I seem to remember a couple of years ago the England captain get pilloried for not choosing to kick a penalty at goal to secure a draw. Now the Lions are criticised by some for doing the exact opposite. None of the Lions players were particularly happy with the draw, that much was obvious from their body language and post-match interviews, but they and the armchair fans would've been a whole lot more pissed off with defeat.

Percentages were in favour of what the Lions did. You're speaking from the comfort of your armchair and with hindsight.

If NZ had had a kicker they would have been out of sight in game 2. The Lions only led for 3 mins in the whole series and got a draw. I'm happy with that cos it's much more than they deserved. Imho of course.
Actually I was stood up shouting 'corner, corner!' at the time (eliminates the hindsight) and I don't think the armchair comment is fair considering I imagine a lot of us on this thread have played rugby most of our lives. Itoje had been immense in the line out, Farrell has a very good nudge on him and I feel that they could have got something. People are allowed different opinions. The bottom line is that we drew.
That's just full of ifs and maybes. If they'd tried that and it came to nowt people would be saying they should have took the 3pts. Damned whatever way really.
I agree a lot would, but my personal mentality is to die on your feet rather than live on your knees. Always look to win. Like I said, difference of opinion and mentality.

Three points right call. NZ has defended the line out drive really well and drop goals are very hard to get against a team that can turnover your ball as much as them. There were three minutes left when he slotted it which was time to get back up the field, which Webb almost pulled off.

Three points right call. NZ has defended the line out drive really well and drop goals are very hard to get against a team that can turnover your ball as much as them. There were three minutes left when he slotted it which was time to get back up the field, which Webb almost pulled off.
Anyone who's played the game knows that was the right call. Take the points secure the restart.

Id planned on watching in the house.

One of the lads on my rugby team rang me. Ended up with pint in hand at 8.30 :lol: surrounded by a packed pub.

Pleased I went now.
I'm fortunate enough to have this Irish mate. A total rugby expert. We watched it at mine

Still gobsmacked

Id planned on watching in the house.

One of the lads on my rugby team rang me. Ended up with pint in hand at 8.30 :lol: surrounded by a packed pub.

Pleased I went now.

We opened the club up thinking about 3 people would turn up. Had about 50 or so in the end. Not bad at canny short notice although tbf neewhere else was showing it close by.

Back