Egg chasers of the SMB

I'd back him more for the 3 points. There was time at the restart to regain possession. It would have been daft not to secure the draw first. Properly daft.

I doubt there's a side in the world including New Zealand who would have kicked for touch there.

I do not think many lions fans were complaining when he converted!

Playing for the draw was definitely the tactic like. Executed well imo.

Two minutes to go.

Chance to seal a historic Lions series win in New Zealand. A chance that won't come around for another 12 years, and never again for these players.

So go for the draw!

There's a reason they weren't celebrating at the end. I reckon they'd for the win if they had their time again.

It also nearly resulted in defeat anyway. New Zealand dominated the restarts throughout the series.

Last edited:
Two minutes to go.

Chance to seal a historic Lions series win in New Zealand. A chance that won't come around for another 12 years, and never again for these players.

So go for the draw!

There's a reason they weren't celebrating at the end. I reckon they'd for the win if they had their time again.
You seem to think that taking the kick meant they had no chance of then regaining possession and still winning. Going for the corner was all or nothing. The nothing being the far greater possibility of happening. Kicking to touch would probably have just meant a lineout 18 or so yards out. What in the 3 games has made you think there was a good chance we'd score a try from it?

Last edited:
You seem to think that taking the kick meant they had no chance of then regaining possession and still winning. Going for the corner was all or nothing. The nothing being the far greater possibility of happening.

The restart after the penalty gave us a great chance of getting the ball back and having possession til the final whistle (although we screwed it up). Deffo the correct decision.

Back