Egg chasers of the SMB

Tonight's result could shake things up a bit at the top of the table. Wasps had the chance to secure a home semi final and all but guarantee top spot, now both Sarries and Exeter will be eyeing that up.

Quins now in the mix for the top 6 as well. Balls!

Tonight's result could shake things up a bit at the top of the table. Wasps had the chance to secure a home semi final and all but guarantee top spot, now both Sarries and Exeter will be eyeing that up.

Quins now in the mix for the top 6 as well. Balls!

Wasps seem to be wobbling, don't know what's going on with them. It's like the Leinster game hit their confidence and they no longer back themselves to run the points in, but it's too late in the season for them to change imho

YOU FFFFFAAAAAAALLLLLLCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS

7-4 Home record in the Premiership. All 4 losses coming against the 4 teams occupying the play-off spots.

Wasps seem to be wobbling, don't know what's going on with them. It's like the Leinster game hit their confidence and they no longer back themselves to run the points in, but it's too late in the season for them to change imho
It's not the way you want a team playing going into the play-offs, they're a bit reminiscent of Bath 2 years ago, relying on attacking rugby, and when playing with confidence looking outstanding. But as soon as a team stops them playing, looking clueless. I'd back both Sarries and Exeter to win today, so it's going to be very tight next week with Wasps at home to Sarries and Exeter away to Gloucester, all 3 teams able to finish top and set up a home semi against Leicester or Bath, speaking of which, ha'way Sale!

World Cup draw done: we get Argentina and France. Argentina should be tough although they've struggled since 2015 due to the travel demands of their season. They're flying long haul so often they have more worries about deep vein thrombosis than about concussions

France is less certain. Theoretically they're not very good. They tend to improve in the world cup, because the format requires them to pick a squad, stick with it and stay together for a period of time. Outside of that they are a shambles because of inconsistent selection and conflicts with the demands of domestic rugby.

They're basically the England football team of international rugby. Never going to win anything, but a combination of wounded pride and a few decent players will make them a f***ing awkward prospect for someone at some point. The main thing you have to do is kick to the corners and make them run, because their forwards are a bunch of unfit troglodytes

World Cup draw done: we get Argentina and France. Argentina should be tough although they've struggled since 2015 due to the travel demands of their season. They're flying long haul so often they have more worries about deep vein thrombosis than about concussions

France is less certain. Theoretically they're not very good. They tend to improve in the world cup, because the format requires them to pick a squad, stick with it and stay together for a period of time. Outside of that they are a shambles because of inconsistent selection and conflicts with the demands of domestic rugby.

They're basically the England football team of international rugby. Never going to win anything, but a combination of wounded pride and a few decent players will make them a f***ing awkward prospect for someone at some point. The main thing you have to do is kick to the corners and make them run, because their forwards are a bunch of unfit troglodytes
Slightly off tangent, but my mates son has been selected for the Emerging Italians to tour to Uruguay with a view to him playing for Italy in this RWC, however as he has just signed pro-terms with Gloucester (he was at Hartpury this season) then he has had to decline due to missing Glos pre-season plus he would then be classed as a foreign player. Hes still only 21 so plenty of time for him, but would have been some experience playing against SA and AB's in Japan.

Slightly OT but the Top 14 is horrendous.

I reckon in our group it'll finish....

1.England
2.Argentina
3.France
4.Qualifier
5.Qualifier

Ireland, Scotland and Japan in the same group could be very interesting.

Wayne Rooney likes this

Slightly OT but the Top 14 is horrendous.

I reckon in our group it'll finish....

1.England
2.Argentina
3.France
4.Qualifier
5.Qualifier

Ireland, Scotland and Japan in the same group could be very interesting.

I'm more confident of England winning the group than I would be had we drawn South Africa from band 2. One of the qualifiers will be Samoa, Fiji or Tonga. All three could certainly run any of the big guns close on their day. The other will be the US or Canada, both of whom will be thinking they've got a tough draw (that'll also be true if they finish up as America 2).

The Kiwi/SA group looks really straightforward - Italy shouldn't provide any major headaches and they'll have two of the weakest qualifiers (most likely Namibia will be one of them).

I'm more confident of England winning the group than I would be had we drawn South Africa from band 2. One of the qualifiers will be Samoa, Fiji or Tonga. All three could certainly run any of the big guns close on their day. The other will be the US or Canada, both of whom will be thinking they've got a tough draw (that'll also be true if they finish up as America 2).

The Kiwi/SA group looks really straightforward - Italy shouldn't provide any major headaches and they'll have two of the weakest qualifiers (most likely Namibia will be one of them).

I hope we get SA in the quarters tbh. They're an absolute crock of shite and their whole setup is a mess. They'll limp through that group probably (although didn't Italy beat them last autumn...?) and be easy meat if we have anything about us.

I hope we get SA in the quarters tbh. They're an absolute crock of shite and their whole setup is a mess. They'll limp through that group probably (although didn't Italy beat them last autumn...?) and be easy meat if we have anything about us.

Italy did indeed beat them 20-18. South Africa, like France, always seem to play unimpressively in world cups then pull off one decent result or get a lucky draw.

As for the quarters, we'll play the runner up of the Aussie/Wales group if we win ours and then the Kiwis in the semi. South Africa, assuming they finish second in their group, will more than likely face Ireland or Scotland in the quarters.

Back