Egg and Chips

About 40 years ago my ex and I went on a Med cruise and towards the end I'd had enough of the rich food served on board and fancied something dead basic.

This entailed our searching the streets of Dubrovnic until we found what I wanted, egg and chips,

Nothing fancy, just plain chips (not crinkle cut) made from real potatoes and served with fried fresh eggs.

I was in heaven!
Piping hot?

About 40 years ago my ex and I went on a Med cruise and towards the end I'd had enough of the rich food served on board and fancied something dead basic.

This entailed our searching the streets of Dubrovnic until we found what I wanted, egg and chips,

Nothing fancy, just plain chips (not crinkle cut) made from real potatoes and served with fried fresh eggs.

I was in heaven!

Amazing, you got any more stories like this?

Can't eat eggs with a yolk, if it hasn't been scrambled or beaten......The chicks still got a chance....
You are a wrong un

Can't beat a nice sausage, egg and chips. Got to be a decent sausage though, large free range orange yolk eggs and thrice cooked Maris Piper chips with a slice of bread with Hawes Creamery Wensleydale butter.
Calves liver and onions with bacon and creamy mash tonight though.
it was all going so well until you mentioned liver and onions.

Mods, ban this fucker

Last edited:

I was in heaven!
None of that foreign muck iirc

Back