EE Upgrade issue

Just spent an hour on an online chat and no further forward than I was when I last reported this issue two years ago.
I know there'll be a few employees, former employees and customers on here so has anybody experienced the same?
I'm unable to view my upgrade options online. Says I'm ready to upgrade (I've been out of contract for over a year) but when I click on the upgrade link it either logs me out or says they can't upgrade me.
I'm a former employee of One2One/T-Mobile and previously had an employee account. Had the account for 20 years.
Lad changed my email address, got me to log into Chrome after deleting history and cookies but still the same problem.
There's a couple mentions of it online but no solution other than phoning to upgrade which I'm reluctant to do after being lied to in the past.
Any ideas?

Just spent an hour on an online chat and no further forward than I was when I last reported this issue two years ago.
I know there'll be a few employees, former employees and customers on here so has anybody experienced the same?
I'm unable to view my upgrade options online. Says I'm ready to upgrade (I've been out of contract for over a year) but when I click on the upgrade link it either logs me out or says they can't upgrade me.
I'm a former employee of One2One/T-Mobile and previously had an employee account. Had the account for 20 years.
Lad changed my email address, got me to log into Chrome after deleting history and cookies but still the same problem.
There's a couple mentions of it online but no solution other than phoning to upgrade which I'm reluctant to do after being lied to in the past.
Any ideas?

if you have the original friends and family discount just call them. As it’s more reliable for discounts etc.
If you have a smart phone try the app.

Any ideas?
Is it not because of the tariff you're on? I had the same issue because the price plan was obsolete and you can't change it online. Its not like it was in the T-Mobile days, you have to move to a newer plan when you upgrade even it ends up being essentially the same thing so they can get you on the newer T's & C's.

Is going into store not an option?

Is it not because of the tariff you're on? I had the same issue because the price plan was obsolete and you can't change it online. Its not like it was in the T-Mobile days, you have to move to a newer plan when you upgrade even it ends up being essentially the same thing so they can get you on the newer T's & C's.

Is going into store not an option?
It's an option but I like to research my options online without someone trying to sell me something. Looks like I'm stuck as they are not going to fix the issue, they just say 'it should work'.

I am due an upgrade on EE but will call up or go in. Hate online chats and accounts.

But Skymobile look really tempting. Not sure EE can match them currently

Used to work there, so currently got my discount still (although went from staff to Friends and Family)

I now always go in store to upgrade, better doing it face to face. They usually look after me, always knock any handset fee off and usually do a decent deal.

Any ideas?
The website can be a bit clunky at times it’s prone to not working now and again.

If you’re on a T-Mobile tariff you’ll have to either go to store or ring up as I don’t think you can upgrade online as EE have to migrate you onto a EE SIM card and plan.

If you still have Friends and Family discount it doesn’t matter if you do it online, in store or ring up because you can only have it on standard plans and it can’t be used in conjunction with any other discount e.g. retention discount or promotional offers. A lot of ex-employees from before the network became EE lost their “lifetime” discount because the T-Mobile and Orange brands no longer exist.

As a general rule I’d always say the customer is better of calling because they can offer you better than in store and online, the calls are recorded and we now use a screen share for the terms and conditions which can be saved onto your phone as a PDF.
Sky mobile are crafty and a lot of the cheap deals are 36 months

We get that all the time.

“Sky are doing it for £x, why can’t you match it?”

“Because you’re paying them for 36 months and ours are 24 month contracts.”

Some people still don’t get it. Also, too many people fall into the trap of thinking all mobile networks are the same. They’re not.

Last edited:
The website can be a bit clunky at times it’s prone to not working now and again.

If you’re on a T-Mobile tariff you’ll have to either go to store or ring up as I don’t think you can upgrade online as EE have to migrate you onto a EE SIM card and plan.

If you still have Friends and Family discount it doesn’t matter if you do it online, in store or ring up because you can only have it on standard plans and it can’t be used in conjunction with any other discount e.g. retention discount or promotional offers. A lot of ex-employees from before the network became EE lost their “lifetime” discount because the T-Mobile and Orange brands no longer exist.

As a general rule I’d always say the customer is better of calling because they can offer you better than in store and online, the calls are recorded and we now use a screen share for the terms and conditions which can be saved onto your phone as a PDF.

We get that all the time.

“Sky are doing it for £x, why can’t you match it?”

“Because you’re paying them for 36 months and ours are 24 month contracts.”

Some people still don’t get it. Also, too many people fall into the trap of thinking all mobile networks are the same. They’re not.
Cheers, I'm on EE and lost the 'lifetime' discount when I moved over from T-Mobile despite being told I kept it at a reduced rate. That's why I'm reluctant to phone but it looks like my only option unless I go elsewhere.
I'm not in desperate rush to upgrade, the iPhone I've had for four years is still going strong, it would just be nice to have the option.
Current employee here.

Ring 150. Web chat is... unreliable at best.
Aye, after yesterday I now have two different log ins with my 'main' one being an email that I rarely use. :lol: I gave up in the end after he said "It should work" and to give it 24 hours.

Last edited:

Back