EE mobile internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not working here still this morning. I will try and get some diagnostic tools downloaded onto my phone and see if I can work out where in the chain this is breaking down.

It looks like a problem with the IPv6 routing within EE, its getting stuck in a loop between two EE routers from what I can see.

I know there are a few people here working at EE - is there any way I can get to speak directly to the networking people, or get the information passed to them?

I can confirm that this is a problem with routing in the EE IPv6 network. If you get an IPv4 address, everything works fine.

There is a workaround on android which I have tested, whilst far from ideal it will work until the day EE sort the problem out.

Follow the steps
here, selecting IPv4 for the "EE Internet" APN then reboot your phone and you should be able to access RTG again.

Aye, that happened to me yesterday. Could get onto every site except this one. Was gutted, thought it might mean we'd announced some mint signing and the place had crashed under the rush of everyone logging in to comment. Alas nope, still just discussing Hugill

If anyone knows how to get a message through to EE Networking support people, in my case a traceroute appears to show an infinite loop on IPv6 between 2a01:4c8:f800:80f2::2 and 2a01:4c8:f800:80f2::3

(I realise this will make no sense to most "normal" people!)

I can confirm that this is a problem with routing in the EE IPv6 network. If you get an IPv4 address, everything works fine.

There is a workaround on android which I have tested, whilst far from ideal it will work until the day EE sort the problem out.

Follow the steps here, selecting IPv4 for the "EE Internet" APN then reboot your phone and you should be able to access here again.
Worked a charm, cheers.

If anyone knows how to get a message through to EE Networking support people, in my case a traceroute appears to show an infinite loop on IPv6 between 2a01:4c8:f800:80f2::2 and 2a01:4c8:f800:80f2::3

Not working between Darlington and Manchester. On free WiFi on Manchester tram now. Look at me etc.

Follow the steps
here, selecting IPv4 for the "EE Internet" APN then reboot your phone and you should be able to access RTG again.

That works. Thank you xx

Surprised to see 4c8, was expecting four characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back