Edouard Michut debut - All the touches

There were at least two occasions where O'Nien had the ball from.a short goal kick, Michut showed for the pass ahead of him but O'Nien went sideways to Gooch instead and we ended up pinned in the corner.

Jesus there are some negative ***** on here. There’s definitely a player in there. Alright he was a bit rusty, but he tried to get involved, and showed talent and awareness at times.

Last season at this point we were in league 1 and most were lamenting Evans as a dinosaur who didn’t know what a ball was. Those same ‘supporters’ are now saying he’s the first name on the team sheet.

This kid has had 15 mins in a new club, new country, new league in a country he doesn’t speak the language, on the back of rehab from an injury. I’m not one for bookmarking threads but I feel like this one needs it to highlight how fickle some of you can be.

Played 14 minutes. Which is twice as long as a lot of Sunderland fans need to write someone off. Most will probably wait a wee while longer.

He made a couple of fairy big mistakes but it’s clear the talent is there and it was his first appearance, being thrown into a team that had already started losing its shape.

I don’t think he’s going to need to play as high up the pitch and be as defensively absent as many think. Mowbray described him as a pivot player who likes to keep possession ticking over and play through the lines. He was definitely involved at both ends of the pitch.

Wasn't the situation to bring him in it seemed. Mowbray commented saying he wanted him to be more aggressive with his passes. With how Pritchard has been so inconsistent, Michut has a chance to really start carving up some minutes in the CAM role

You can tell straight away he looks a classy player. He'll be another good signing.

I don't get the nervousness comments, he looked desperate to get on the ball and make things happen.
Jesus there are some negative ***** on here. There’s definitely a player in there. Alright he was a bit rusty, but he tried to get involved, and showed talent and awareness at times.

Last season at this point we were in league 1 and most were lamenting Evans as a dinosaur who didn’t know what a ball was. Those same ‘supporters’ are now saying he’s the first name on the team sheet.

This kid has had 15 mins in a new club, new country, new league in a country he doesn’t speak the language, on the back of rehab from an injury. I’m not one for bookmarking threads but I feel like this one needs it to highlight how fickle some of you can be.
Negative and can't spot a footballer when they see one.

Last edited:
Slow and methodical football he has played so needs time.

Methodical with Messi and co mind.
What is slow and methodical about the way psg play football?

Have you watched them or did you just assume that because they don’t play in England that it’s not blood and thunder?

14 min debut cameo. What did you make of him?

Based on that video alone, he didn't look good. The only positive I could see is his willingness to want the ball and to look and play forward.

Always going to be difficult for a player to come on in a game like that and make an impact, especially a young player making his debut in a different country.

Clarke and alese (sp?) Didn't look great in their first game.

I have no doubt that once he gets used with the pace and physicality of the league, together with a few games under his belt, that he will start to shine.

I never judge a brand new player by a bit part 15mins, especially when they are that young, and in a new country. I remember Kirchoff's first appearance, and everyone had written him off, and to me, he was one of the best midfielders I have seen play for us - an absolute shame his legs were made of glass. M'Villa was sent off as well in his first game (u21's). On the flip side, Cabral scoring in his first game against Tottenham in the Korea Cup, and then... nothing.

Michut has good pedigree, has played alongside Messi & Mbappe, and trained at one of Europe's top clubs. He fits with the data we check against, and I trust our scouts and scouting department to get it right. Ha'way the data!

Back