Edinburgh Festivals cancelled

It's so gutting to see all these things being cancelled. I know there are more important things but it's shit seeing everything you enjoy in life being stripped away.
The financial impact will be massive.
It also gives people even less to look forward to.
I'm not really into the music festivals but know that plenty on here are.
Real shame.

My plans for the summer revolved around watching live Test cricket, several matches at Euro 2020 and a longer than usual holiday.

All looking like they’ll be bollocksed.

Ah well.

Jet2 still insist that holidays starting after May 1st will still go ahead under current advice.
We were going away in June to Menorca, balance to be paid 10th April.
Choice of lose your deposit or pay balance of £3000+ in April and claim it back when it's cancelled.
Spain is decimated by Covid and no way will they be back on their feet by June, July, August or anytime soon let alone welcoming visitors.

Jet2 still insist that holidays starting after May 1st will still go ahead under current advice.
Choice of lose your deposit or pay balance of £3000+ in April and claim it back when it's cancelled.
Spain is decimated by Covid and no way will they be back on their feet by June, July, August or anytime soon let alone welcoming visitors.

Same situation as me, my balance is due the 12th April. Leaving it as long as possible but not paying the balance as who knows when, or if, you'd get it back. Assuming the September holiday, due in June, will be the same. Rather lose two deposits than risk paying the whole thing.

Same situation as me, my balance is due the 12th April. Leaving it as long as possible but not paying the balance as who knows when, or if, you'd get it back. Assuming the September holiday, due in June, will be the same. Rather lose two deposits than risk paying the whole thing.
Just tell them under the circumstances that you are still going ahead but cannot commit to the paying the balance due to current situation. The publicity would be horrendous if the snaffled people's deposits when some are having to take mortgage holidays etc etc.

whats your deposit
check the t and c's wording and insurance policy to make sure epidemic pandemic etc is covered.
Insurance companies are being abit sneaky at present
also have government actually made any actual official declaration
- state of emergency
Epidemic??

Back