Edinburgh Airport vs. Ponteland Airport

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

How is the train £12 each way? I'm looking at double that to go in September

That's genuinely what I paid for Virgin East Coast. I had bought two singles separately, about two weeks in advance and also at non-peak times of the day. I suppose there is also the consideration that it may be more expensive in some months than in others.

That's genuinely what I paid for Virgin East Coast. I had bought two singles separately, about two weeks in advance and also at non-peak times of the day. I suppose there is also the consideration that it may be more expensive in some months than in others.

Just had a look to book 3 months in advance and it is about that price, so as James says I was looking too far in advance and better off waiting. Thanks

Try looking at ticket splitting too.
Ticket splitting doesn’t work on this route, or if it does you are talking abou 10/20p from Sun to Edi
I travelled Sunderland - Edinburgh every week for about 2 years and the 0738 I used to get (think that was the time) was only ever cancelled once, and delayed by more than 15 mins about 3 times.

Loads of tickets for £10-12 available a few weeks in advance. Piece of piss getting to the airport from Waverley, but if saving a bit of wedge have a day in Edinburgh the day before and stop over for the night, one of the best cities in the world in my opinion

Ticket splitting doesn’t work on this route, or if it does you are talking abou 10/20p from Sun to Edi
I travelled Sunderland - Edinburgh every week for about 2 years and the 0738 I used to get (think that was the time) was only ever cancelled once, and delayed by more than 15 mins about 3 times.

Loads of tickets for £10-12 available a few weeks in advance. Piece of piss getting to the airport from Waverley, but if saving a bit of wedge have a day in Edinburgh the day before and stop over for the night, one of the best cities in the world in my opinion

It’s great isn’t it. Exactly why I moved here 20 odd years back.

Went to New York from Edinburgh. Drove and dropped car at pick up point cost £30 for 10 days. It was last minute,so trains would have been expensive.

Edit, also coming back if plane is delayed you are looking at an extra few quid on the trains.

Taxi/bus/metro/lift to Newcastle central station 30 mins
train ride to Edinburgh 90 mins
Taxi/tram/bus to Edinburgh airport 20 mins
Arrive at airport 2 hours before your flight.

Aye much more convenient.

Or you can have a 2 hour drive and then do the same on the way home. Great stuff

How is the train £12 each way? I'm looking at double that to go in September

Advance (cheaper) tickets won't be on sale yet.

We quite often fly from Edinburgh if the timings are right. Usually have some bait/drinks in the city before getting the train home in case of delays too. Had no problems thus far.

Back