Eden Project Scotland

Mickdundee

Winger
In the feasibility stage apparently. Looking at sites near me, which is probably sensible to attract tourists from the Central Belt as well as those venturing further north.

Last edited:

Canny. The Eden Project is one of my favourite places. It would be great to have an equivalent 15 minutes away.

Dundee seems to be a progressive city, compare that to the backward city of Aberdeen.

The council in Dundee seems to know what they are doing.

It’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go but Cornwall isn’t somewhere I’ve really ever been as an adult.

It's a fantastic place. Don't go to Newquay though.
Perranporth, Eden and Healey's Cyder Farm. Holiday sorted ;)
Dundee seems to be a progressive city, compare that to the backward city of Aberdeen.

The council in Dundee seems to know what they are doing.

Dundee has a bit of a bad reputation in Scotland. I think it's canny. It has its rough areas mind, but I've seen far worse places in England. It's the only place I've ever seen a bouncer on the door at Iceland though :) Aberdeen's alright as well, my eldest daughter is at Uni there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fantastic place. Don't go to Newquay though.
Perranporth, Eden and Healey's Cyder Farm. Holiday sorted ;)

Dundee has a bit of a bad reputation in Scotland. I think it's canny. It has its rough areas mind, but I've seen far worse places in England. It's the only place I've ever seen a bouncer on the door at Iceland though :) Aberdeen's alright as well, my eldest daughter is at Uni there.
Aberdeen is alright, I went to Aberdeen uni and still live here but the council is terrible.

They’ve got some great accountants working for them!

I'm pleased the car parks are free, I'm currently sat out the back of the Caird Hall while Mrs Exile gives blood. They've done a canny job with Slessor Gardens apart from the big office block.

TBF it’s shredding it’s reputation for the most part, it’s generally just Fifers that put it down and that’s just down to jealousy. There are a few really bad areas but, unlike the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow most of the really rough places are well away from the nice places.

I was at a kids’ birthday party with my son over the Christmas holidays and a lot of the non-native parents were saying they never actually thought they’d stay in Dundee long term but don’t think they’d really want to live anywhere else. I do live in DD5 though so that might have something to do with it.

Aberdeen is alright, I went to Aberdeen uni and still live here but the council is terrible.
All of the councils are having a bad time funding wise and some are coping better than others. When I worked for Perth Council they were one of the better ones and Dundee and Angus were both having a bit of a crisis. I now work for Dundee City Council and although we are still under massive constraints and looking for budget savings things don’t seem to be quite as bad as a few years ago.

TBF it’s shredding it’s reputation for the most part, it’s generally just Fifers that put it down and that’s just down to jealousy. There are a few really bad areas but, unlike the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow most of the really rough places are well away from the nice places.

I was at a kids’ birthday party with my son over the Christmas holidays and a lot of the non-native parents were saying they never actually thought they’d stay in Dundee long term but don’t think they’d really want to live anywhere else. I do live in DD5 though so that might have something to do with it.
The shopping is great in Dundee. Now Aberdeen has a bypass I can get from my house to Stonehaven in 10 mins and then it’s a doddle to Dundee.

There is an Eden Project proposed for Morecambe Bay. Much easier to get to from the North East than Dundee.
I’ve been to the Cornwall one and they have a price system the same as Beamish whereby the entrance fee seems pricey (about £25 per adult) but it lasts all year round.
At Beamish it’s only half an hour in the car but to Cornwall it’s about 10 hours with a lot of that time stuck on the M5.
we sold our Eden Project tickets on e bay and got a few bob for them.

Back