1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed sheran

Discussion in 'SMB' started by box2box, Apr 13, 2017.

1. niknak_123

niknak_123 Striker

I'm shocked. I thought the SMB would have been a fan.

Lewberry pie likes this.
  2. Westoe SAFC

Westoe SAFC Winger

What a lemon.

3. Lewberry pie

Lewberry pie Striker

He writes good songs like but I think it's got to the point he could smear shit on piece of paper and it would become number 1 in the charts, he writes good songs but he's not the Beatles.

4. td586

td586 Midfield

56,000 there last night, chanting "SHEERAN, SHEERAN".

5. Was good last night and is a talented lad.

6. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Winger

You're right. There's only 1 of him. There were 4 of them.

Morse and Lewberry pie like this.
  7. Thurston

Thurston Winger

That's the image he tries to portray and what irritates me about him actually. I can't stand that song about the castles. It's just a middle class lad trying to be edgy by describing a pretty standard Friday night for working class younguns.

As far Galway Girl, that's some absolutely fucking dreadful shite. The Belfast version that Lad Fleg on Twitter did to take the piss out of it is far superior.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Bit bland middle of the road IMO

9. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Striker

Tries to portray? Have you got any evidence that he's not a genuine bloke?

Maybes his music is shite, but he's level headed and hasn't let the money go to his head? Or has he?

The music may be fake and based on nothing he has exposure too, but I'm sure many songs are based on absolutely no personal experiences.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Keawyeds likes this.
  10. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Winger

This. Some people are just determined to dislike him.
    The bloke has ploughed his own money into a new record company and has given loads of aspiring artists a hand up. I'm not a fan of Jamie Lawson, but Ed gigged with him back in the day and after Ed made it big, he sought him out and signed him to Gingerbreadman Records (I think it's something like that)

There's another track on Divide, which has an irish folksy twang to it which I think it about his parents, which is nice.

11. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

He's ginger.

Lexingtongue likes this.
  12. safcsafc

safcsafc Central Defender

A team is a good song.
    Hear him all the time on the radio but couldn't name his songs. Seems alright to listen to though

13. Little ginger shitwhisk. If he's the best around at the moment than music is dead.

14. nelford_safc

nelford_safc Striker

How many on the waiting list?

15. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Striker

What is the best around at the moment? Serious question. The bairns blast the charts etc and it's all shite...although I quite like Stormzy!

Black Cat Gypsy and Epping like this.
  16. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Winger

He's just what's popular at the moment. Whether or not he'll stand the test of time I'm not sure, but it's harmless.
    I'm not even going to waste my time listening to Stormzy.
    Grime.
    WTF even is that.

17. rocky

rocky Striker

Not my cup of tea but he isn't an annoying bellend so I wish him well.
    Talented lad but just writes songs I don;t particularly like.

18. My kids listen to chart music and Grime. Does my head in. I told them about 2Pac but that's old people music!! When did 2Pac become old people music?:oops:

19. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Winger

20. Morse

Morse Striker

Born in Sunderland, dontcha know.