Ed Sheeran cancels one SoL gig

I booked tickets for the family on the Friday just to support the gig at the sol as opposed to being a fan… couldn’t face Elton so this was the best option but hopefully they do well and we get some better acts in coming years

Hes one of your own though isnt he ( at least he thinks he is …) ….a bit like Bono, Philo and Sir Bob…..
Jesus no, you can keep him! and even if he was shouldnt be compared to any of the above three
Nowt against him he seems a nice lad and clearly talented at what he does but it's bewildering how popular he is.
I actually saw him last week in a small venue in Dublin on one of the two warm up gigs that he did, about 1500 there or so. Long story on how I ended up there!

I'm no fan of his but I did enjoy it more than I thought I would, there's no denying hes good at what he does regardless of whether you're a fan of it or not. I've also always had a bit of a fascination with the loopstation he uses ever since seeing KT Tunstall use it on Jools way back when, so was kinda cool to see that in operation.

Last edited:
Over here (Ireland) hes done two dates in croke park (80,000) two dates in Pairc ui Caoimh (45,000) and two dates in Thomond Park 30000.

Its unbelievable. Generally when stadium bands come here they only play croke park
One of the radio stations is called Red FM, here in Cork. They've renamed it Ed FM for the next few days because he's playing here tomorrow and Friday. Same the last time he was here.

Absolutely pathetic.

Nothing against the bloke whatsoever. He actually comes across as being sound, any time I've seen him interviewed. But the mass hysteria over the bloke is baffling.

Good for the town and pleased he’s on but it’s proper little lasses music.Absolutely shite
He has had a better offer. He should honour his commitment or compensate all ticket holders. Many peopke will be out of pocket with transport and accommodation. I wouldn't cross the road to see him.
This ^

If he was playing in the back garden I’d shut the blinds on the bi-fold’s.

Last edited:
So basically one night has sold bad but won’t admit to it?
Will have “sold out” meaning stubhub etc have grabbed the tickets however they can’t sell them at the prices they want.

Like the fury fight said 94,000 sell out however was a fair few empty seats. Due to this

Stadium gigs always put more tickets on sale closer to the event. They only sell a certain amount as they dont know at the start the impact the stage will have on capacity.

Not sure how they accomodate people who had assigned seating tickets from the thursday night though

They've offered replacement seat tickets for the Friday night instead of the seats in the Thursday. No indication whatsoever of where these seats will be located however (Thursday seats were back of lower West Stand just long from Dugouts - so good seats).
Sure Friday & Saturday have been “sold out” for a while. I’ll not pretend to understand how these things work & contingencies work, but seems strange to be able to accommodate
Ticketmaster have lots of methods to screw people over. They have spent years refining their ticket operations to learn how to make as much money as possible.

Suspect the Friday was not sold out at at all as they have been trying to push people to buy Thursday tickets when it clearly wasn't selling fast enough. Friday was probably sold quite well but now decided to use them spaces up by cancelling Thursday

Last edited:
They've offered replacement seat tickets for the Friday night instead of the seats in the Thursday. No indication whatsoever of where these seats will be located however (Thursday seats were back of lower West Stand just long from Dugouts - so good seats).

Ticketmaster have lots of methods to screw people over. They have spent years refining their ticket operations to learn how to make as much money as possible.

Suspect the Friday was not sold out at at all as they have been trying to push people to buy Thursday tickets when it clearly wasn't selling fast enough. Friday was probably sold quite well but now decided to use them spaces up by cancelling Thursday
Had never thought of stuff like that.

OK I admit that I am an Old Git but for the past few years I have been under the impresssion that the lad was famous because as a kid he was the one who did those Milky Bar advertiements . I wondered why people were flocking to the SoL to see him

Back