Ed Sheeran and Tour tickets

Why do you stand on Ed Sheeran ?
His windpipe ?
My mate went to the box office the other day to buy tickets and still got charged a ticketmaster fee

He’s doing a good thing if he manages to cut out the touts. I noticed all the purchasing and identification requirements on my daughters tickets. It’s not before time that groups took some responsibility to see that tickets only sell at face value.

Went to see him in Dublin, walked in no bother and not one person asked for ID to ensure you hadn’t just bought your ticket off a tout.

Also it’s a bit of a double whammy on fans at both ends, if you were planning to go and now can’t then your ticket has no resale value at all (even if you sold below face value), if you’re a fan and desperate to go and get a ticket through unofficial means and it gets cancelled then that’s a fan who has shelled out for nothing.

There has to be some middle ground on this one, as you buy tickets so far in advance that unexpected things can happen and there should be sites setup for “officially” selling at face value or below - I know there are sites but people seem to be able to ask for what they want and then a hefty “service” charge whacked on top...

You don't have to be a fan but you have to admire his stance on this.

he could quite easily like others do and say not my problem but he is at least trying to tackle the problem of touts and secondary ticketing

How Ed Sheeran is tackling ticket touts

I've had a reet carry on because of it the sackless little ginger get.

Went to see him in Dublin, walked in no bother and not one person asked for ID to ensure you hadn’t just bought your ticket off a tout.

Also it’s a bit of a double whammy on fans at both ends, if you were planning to go and now can’t then your ticket has no resale value at all (even if you sold below face value), if you’re a fan and desperate to go and get a ticket through unofficial means and it gets cancelled then that’s a fan who has shelled out for nothing.

There has to be some middle ground on this one, as you buy tickets so far in advance that unexpected things can happen and there should be sites setup for “officially” selling at face value or below - I know there are sites but people seem to be able to ask for what they want and then a hefty “service” charge whacked on top...

We were considering selling through Twickets but what an awful site that is. And considering you can still buy tickets for the same concert through the official sellers like See Tickets and Ticketmaster, then why would anyone think go on Twickets and buy re-sale tickets?

Last edited:
In the next couple of years your mobile device will be your bank card, your ID, your concert ticket. It'll be impossible to transfer tickets without assistance of the vendor.

We'll look back at passwords and pins like we did those ker-clunk things they had for credit cards back in the day.

Let people get on with it man, went to a canny few gigs at the SOL by getting them cheap a day or two before from gumtree/ebay or touts on the day.

Mistakenly bought a pair of tickets thru Ticketmaster for the Friday, when I needed Saturday.
Consequently bought an extra bloody pair for the Saturday (via Eventim) , thinking I could eventually legitimately sell the Friday pair back to Ticketmaster.
Frustratingly, Eventim are doing resales now, but not Ticketmaster!

I've had a reet carry on because of it the sackless little ginger get.

We were considering selling through Twickets but what an awful site that is. And considering you can still buy tickets for the same concert through the official sellers like See Tickets and Ticketmaster, then why would anyone think go on Twickets and buy re-sale tickets?
You might get a better ticket that’s not available now?

Mistakenly bought a pair of tickets thru Ticketmaster for the Friday, when I needed Saturday.
Consequently bought an extra bloody pair for the Saturday (via Eventim) , thinking I could eventually legitimately sell the Friday pair back to Ticketmaster.
Frustratingly, Eventim are doing resales now, but not Ticketmaster!
With ticketmaster you have a 48 hr cooling off period now to cancel a purchase. Get it in today

Back