Echo

Loved the football Echo and reading it with me dad and grandad as a bairn. Me Mam was an audio typist at the Echo in the 80s and 90s. Used to have to listen to Geoff Storey over the phone and type the Footy Echo match reports fast as anything.

It's true that printed media struggles but one of the main reasons JP is going the journey is because of rank bad management and unbelievable greed from the top - I should know - I worked for The Echo for more than 37 years

It's true that printed media struggles but one of the main reasons JP is going the journey is because of rank bad management and unbelievable greed from the top - I should know - I worked for The Echo for more than 37 years
Did u ever work with Bertie from Birtley?

Did they go into administration?

Not a particular dig at the Echo here, but local print has been massively caught with its pants down and deserves everything it gets.

Arrogance of not getting themselves online quick enough - and to a man - when they did get online they made such a mess of their websites they are actually generally unusable.

Sad for the people this affects, but the blame lies solely with the management and editors.

It was less scary than Hansel and Gretel :lol:
Depends if Adam johnson was playing

Did they go into administration?

Not a particular dig at the Echo here, but local print has been massively caught with its pants down and deserves everything it gets.

Arrogance of not getting themselves online quick enough - and to a man - when they did get online they made such a mess of their websites they are actually generally unusable.

Sad for the people this affects, but the blame lies solely with the management and editors.
Even the online bit of the echo is robbed and gives direct links to “ipaper “ or something similar

When I used to work nights in Portsmouth Sorting office I used to open up the wrapper that they sent a copy of the Echo in every single day to their sister paper's office here in Portsmouth, take the paper out and gan in the tea room to have a read for half an hour. Then take it back in the sorting office, put it back in the wrapper and send it on it's way to the News Centre. Footy Echo too.

Was talking to a bloke who worked for the Evening News down here once and mentioned what I done. He said neebody ever reads it anyway, they just chuck it in the bin.

It’s sad that it’s not what it was but it’s done anyway. The paper we used to read is long gone. It’s a couple of bairns sat reading Twitter. Who cares now if it goes. If it went in 1995 it would be sad but it’s ran it’s course.

Very sad if true
I was a member of the chipper club
Have been on the front page twice for good reasons

Will be sad to see it go

A sign of the times

Back