Echo and the Bunnymen played at Half -Time.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date

Saw em at NCH in early 80s.
As I’ve mentioned on here before I’m sure Courtney Love was in the bass charrington pub down the alley to the left of the CH. Either with the band or following the tour. There’s a book out in a few weeks back about her time spent in Liverpool back then.......should hopefully confirm it as no one believes me!

I used to try and backcomb my hair, perfect the Mac The Mouth pout and call everyone ‘La’ for a stage when I was 13. Until I realised he was cool and I was not.

It was ‘The Back Of Love’ that kicked off my love for them. Still feel it when I hear Will’s brutal, choppy guitar licks.

Anyway. Wrong forum? Football Echo & The Bunnymen?

I was born in 1983 which might explain why I’ve never heard of them.
I was born in 1964 but I've heard of the Beatles and the Stones, the Kinks, the Who. Tons of 60s groups and artists and even ones before that like Elvis and Gene Vincent, Buddy Holly etc etc. It's a wonder of the modern age this recorded music malarkey.
It doesn't explain anything of the sort. I was born in 1980 and I've heard of them and know a few of their songs. Have you heard of the Beatles, rolling stones, mark Bolan, the animals, the who ?
Boy's a fool.

Last edited:
Free - Alright Now might have had me tapping my feet.
Does he do requests ?

I had an idea last night that the Stadium DJ could play a track(s) at half-time from an Indie/Alternative/Cool band from the day of a particular match played at the SoL to fit in with the NME Independent Top 40 charts of the day in question (one for the younger viewers on this forum), a SAFC Indie pick of the pops segment if you will.

Or, even better, let one of us on this forum spin some of our favourite Indie tracks at half-time.......over to you @Doberman for any thoughts on this, as you are the resident font of knowledge on getting things done round the Stadium :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an idea last night that the Stadium DJ could play a track(s) at half-time from an Indie/Alternative/Cool band from the day of a particular match played at the SoL to fit in with the NME Independent Top 40 charts of the day in question (one for the younger viewers on this forum), a SAFC Indie pick of the pops segment if you will.

Or, even better, let one of us on this forum spin some of our favourite Indie tracks at half-time.......over to you @Doberman for any thoughts on this, as you are the resident font of knowledge on getting things done round the Stadium :D
Better still just go and get the guy who does the playlist at Rochdale, he knows his onions

Saw em at NCH in early 80s.
As I’ve mentioned on here before I’m sure Courtney Love was in the bass charrington pub down the alley to the left of the CH. Either with the band or following the tour. There’s a book out in a few weeks back about her time spent in Liverpool back then.......should hopefully confirm it as no one believes me!
Wasn’t she shagging Julian Cope?

Back