eBay question they

Dave Herbal

Striker
If you’ve got summat on as an auction and people pm you asking if there’s a buy it now price, are they expecting you to offer a low price for a quick sale, or do they just want dibs without the bother of bidding? I’m currently just knocking them back and saying I’ll let it fly. Advice?

Just say aye and tell them how much you want or say no and let it run.

Depends what you want and how much you reckon it’ll likely auction for.

If you’ve got summat on as an auction and people pm you asking if there’s a buy it now price, are they expecting you to offer a low price for a quick sale, or do they just want dibs without the bother of bidding? I’m currently just knocking them back and saying I’ll let it fly. Advice?
I don’t reply mate. If I wanted a buy it now I would put it on. Even if you give them a price they will ignore you. Just chancers.

I hate it when people do that. I tell them its an auction and the idea is to bid. if it was a buy it now you would have placed a buy it now option on it.

Is this a new thing? Back in the day I was selling leather jackets without a lick of bother.

Now I'm selling consoles and controllers I've been absolutely overwhelmed with these knackers.

I once had one of these knobs say something like "I will offer you £30 BIN" so i altered it to 30 quid BIN plus 6 quid postage and he mailed me "oh no I meant 30 quid INCLUDING postage".
Aye that’s it mate. I had a rod for sale by auction worth about £350 a lad emailed and said he’d give me £150. I just ignore them. He bought it for £320 in the end. I asked him about it after he picked it and he said he had getting one before doing it. Did he fuck!!!

Just say aye and tell them how much you want or say no and let it run.

Depends what you want and how much you reckon it’ll likely auction for.
It’s my knackered car mate, so I have no idea what it might get. More than scrap will do, but if people are daft enough to pay more...

50 energy gels, 20 flapjacks, 12 large bottles of water, 10 bars of chocolate and a dozen bananas
:lol:

I've never won an ebay auction, what you got for sale, I could make it my first?
If you’re a mechanic or have access to a garage you could make a pretty penny, but to everyone else I wouldn’t bother.

50 energy gels, 20 flapjacks, 12 large bottles of water, 10 bars of chocolate and a dozen bananas
It’s also technically your money Turnip.

Last edited:
It’s my knackered car mate, so I have no idea what it might get. More than scrap will do, but if people are daft enough to pay more...

:lol:

If you’re a mechanic or have access to a garage you could make a pretty penny, but to everyone else I wouldn’t bother.

It’s also technically your money Turnip.
I’d have Gumtreed it personally.

You’ll get scrap plus a couple of quid as the boxes aren’t cheap.

Back