Ebay payments

I use gixen, just the free version.
ill vouch for gixen, never failed me.

usually set a price a bit more than i'd want to pay, set it in then watch the complainers bid up panicking in £1 increments, if i want something, ill go balls in for it.

usually pay well under what my max bid is set for

I appreciate there has already been a thread discussing this but now some time has elapsed how are people getting on with this? I think I need to provide me account details by the end of the month. Presume I will not be allowed to buy or sell otherwise.

How have peoples experienced been with the new in house system?
Sorted mine out the other day with little or no issues. A bit of a faf on with micro payments to check the account Ive linked belongs to me, but nothing really, got my first few payments through today.

I've kept a sizable wedge in paypal for 'future eventualities'

Last edited:

usually set a price a bit more than i'd want to pay, set it in then watch the complainers bid up panicking in £1 increments, if i want something, ill go balls in for it.

How does it work - never thought of using any software before? Is it easy to set up?

Bought a shirt that has a very high resell. Using sniper paid £74 less than my max bid.

I love eBay myself. Love using snipers now to get gear even cheaper.
I love eBay but use Amazon more now. I'm really impatient and love Amazons same day/next day delivery service. I ordered something on eBay last Sunday and only got the email saying they have dispatched it this morning, how can it take a week to put something in the post?

I use Auction Stealer, I pay for it so my snipes go in 3 seconds from the end. I can't understand anyone who bids things up, I'd never put my bid in until the last few seconds. I usually win for less than my max bid but the odd things I was still outbid on I wouldn't have paid that much for anyway.

Last edited:
I love eBay but use Amazon more now. I'm really impatient and love Amazons same day/next day delivery service. I ordered something on eBay last Sunday and only got the email saying they have dispatched it this morning, how can it take a week to put something in the post?

I use Auction Stealer, I pay for it so my snipes go in 3 seconds from the end. I can't understand anyone who bids things up, I'd never put my bid in until the last few seconds. I usually win for less than my max bid but the odd things I was still outbid on I wouldn't have paid that much for anyway.
i think it all comes down to penny pinching really, i know the value of most of what im buying, so i'll just Buy it Now if the price is fair for condition.
Sniper very handy as people as i said just bid up in panicked small increments, i'm prepared to pay for what i want, if i get it cheaper, it's a win anyway.
How does it work - never thought of using any software before? Is it easy to set up?
very very easy, gixen is a great place to start, copy in ebay item number, then your max bid and it puts that max bid in with seconds left.
that simple.

Last edited:
Whilst you might not need paypal can it still be used at all?

Basically I dont want to link my bank account to Ebay. I can pay on a credit card if that is a way around it.

Whilst you might not need paypal can it still be used at all?

Basically I dont want to link my bank account to Ebay. I can pay on a credit card if that is a way around it.
Yeah you can still pay with PayPal, nothing has changed for the negative for buyers or sellers tbh unless you use micropayments on paypal.

Ive had managed payments for around a year and had no fraud claims yet with paypal id be getting atleast once a month (thats from buyers not me personally getting done) so if anything id say its safer than a paypal linked to your ebay.

Back