Ebay Help

houst69

Striker
sold a iMac on ebay, perfect condition.

Seller contacts me and says theres a dead pixel on the screen.

To be honest it just looks like it’s been photoshopped in

I have asked for a video of it to check authenticity.

Guess I am fucked eh?

Take it back. They pay the postage. Check the serial number against the one you sold. Don’t give any feedback until they do.

Sold my laptop, again, to a bloke with zero feedback buying or selling.

Hasn't even tried to pay despite a couple of prods.

It looks like eBay has given up trying to enforce its basic rules. Even the mentally challenged shitehawks have free rein.

Well this makes me feel better, just sold an amplifier and sat box tonight. Gonna end up with dodgy buyers aren’t I. Plus f***ing PayPal have decided to hold my payments as I haven’t used eBay in years.

Well this makes me feel better, just sold an amplifier and sat box tonight. Gonna end up with dodgy buyers aren’t I. Plus f***ing PayPal have decided to hold my payments as I haven’t used eBay in years.

Electronic stuff propbably has the highest % of scammers buying tbf

Electronic stuff propbably has the highest % of scammers buying tbf
Yeah I can imagine. The pics I’ve posted had the items powered on, both really well packaged etc. If the item is used as sold as used they can’t moan and demand a refund if it has a scratch in the back can hey. They were sold as non refundable.

Makes no difference to ebay/paypal.

Personally, anything thats worth of any value, id always sell locally as cash only on pickup
There's the eBay fantasy of making money selling your junk easily and there's the reality of shifting stuff without being scammed, ignored or delayed.

If you need to get shot of a lot of things eBay just isn't the tool for the job.

There's the eBay fantasy of making money selling your junk easily and there's the reality of shifting stuff without being scammed, ignored or delayed.

If you need to get shot of a lot of things eBay just isn't the tool for the job.
This is very true, what i've tended to find is eBay always side with the buyer, f***ing over your decent sellers and forcing them off of the site, it's a den of scammers, people trying to undercut listed items and thieves.

I have a lot more success shifting bits on Facebook groups and selling pages and Amazon marketplace instead of eBay, Facebook actually being quite handy while selling because people tend not to try it on or act the arsehole when you have their full address details, name and where they work at your disposal in seconds.
The Anonymity on eBay provides a perfect breeding ground for parasites and scammers, i've said it before and i'll say it again, ebay for years have treated sellers like shit, sided with scammers and thieves and enforced a narrow minded view that the purchaser is always right.
Give it about 5 years., they've already starting now with the 'please come back, heres 30% off your next purchase' offers already.

Once the major stores placed on there go elsewhere to a platform that doesn't legitimise the customer stealing from them and charges less to host them they'll be crawling for the average peer to peer sellers who left in their droves to come back.

As i say i've had much more luck with Amazon(not perfect by a long stretch) anyway.

This is very true, what i've tended to find is eBay always side with the buyer, f***ing over your decent sellers and forcing them off of the site, it's a den of scammers, people trying to undercut listed items and thieves.

I have a lot more success shifting bits on Facebook groups and selling pages and Amazon marketplace instead of eBay, Facebook actually being quite handy while selling because people tend not to try it on or act the arsehole when you have their full address details, name and where they work at your disposal in seconds.
The Anonymity on eBay provides a perfect breeding ground for parasites and scammers, i've said it before and i'll say it again, ebay for years have treated sellers like shit, sided with scammers and thieves and enforced a narrow minded view that the purchaser is always right.
Give it about 5 years., they've already starting now with the 'please come back, heres 30% off your next purchase' offers already.

Once the major stores placed on there go elsewhere to a platform that doesn't legitimise the customer stealing from them and charges less to host them they'll be crawling for the average peer to peer sellers who left in their droves to come back.

As i say i've had much more luck with Amazon(not perfect by a long stretch) anyway.
Good shout re Amazon, shall give them a whirl.

Back