East London SMBers

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do these 'shit holes' compare to NW London? I've only been once, barring matches.

Anyone on here lived in Dalston, Haggerston, Stoke Newington or Hackney Central lately?

Could do with some insider knowledge on what parts of these areas are worth avoiding and where is best to live.

The only poster I can think of who lives around there is banned at the minute so can't PM. :lol: Could do with speaking to London's finest Sebasaurus II.

Mates that lived in Dalston hated it as was mega expensive and noisy all the time (they were in the big development by Dalston Junction). The majority of Dalston and Haggerston is quite grim. I get the impression Hackney Central is similar, i.e. very pricey in the nicer parts and crap everywhere else.

Know quite a lot of people who live in Stoke Newington; they seem to swear by it but it's a bit of a transport black hole although going off your last thread that's not too much of a concern for you.

Mates that lived in Dalston hated it as was mega expensive and noisy all the time (they were in the big development by Dalston Junction). The majority of Dalston and Haggerston is quite grim. I get the impression Hackney Central is similar, i.e. very pricey in the nicer parts and crap everywhere else.

Know quite a lot of people who live in Stoke Newington; they seem to swear by it but it's a bit of a transport black hole although going off your last thread that's not too much of a concern for you.
You could t get a cabbie to take you to dalston 20yeara ago:lol:

My only concern with SN is that I suspect the traffic is absolutely vile going into central London in a morning. Google reckons about 35 mins bus into Clerkenwell which would obviously perfect but I am thinking it'll be double that at rush hour. That's the only thing putting me off there at the minute.

I used to get the bus from mine along Uxbridge Road to Shepherd's Bush and it was actually quicker to just get off and walk it than sit on the bus. I would like to avoid situations like this..

Oh fuck dollis hill etc is like thw bronx but west hampstwad is great. I lived there fir years

I live round NW, not quite as far as Dollis but go through Bridge and Neasden daily. Some of the supposed shit holes in NW are superb, might be different culture which is off putting to some. Although others are definitely no go zones for non locals :lol:

My only concern with SN is that I suspect the traffic is absolutely vile going into central London in a morning. Google reckons about 35 mins bus into Clerkenwell which would obviously perfect but I am thinking it'll be double that at rush hour. That's the only thing putting me off there at the minute.

I used to get the bus from mine along Uxbridge Road to Shepherd's Bush and it was actually quicker to just get off and walk it than sit on the bus. I would like to avoid situations like this..

TFL reckons about 50 mins from SN to Clerkenwell Green at 8am tomorrow. They're not usually too far wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back