East Coast line to be taken back into public ownership again

Surely if a private company had all of the infrastructure and bailed as it wasnt making the profit they required and forecasted for then you have a national transport network screwed

They wouldn't be trying to make a profit while paying £3.3Bn to the owner of this infrastructure as they are currently trying to do

Was in the Sunday Times rich list magazine on Sunday.

10th largest in London: The Great Estates: Who are London's 10 largest land owners by size? | News | LondonlovesBusiness.com

Will have a look for UK stats

So get rid of the whole lot to someone like Branson is your solution? Give him the infrastructure, trains everything and say "enjoy Sir Branson"

Nope. I'd sell it and say 'enjoy Sir Branson'.

Interesting only in that it's not true?

Sorry, 4th: Jo Johnson on Twitter

10th largest in London: The Great Estates: Who are London's 10 largest land owners by size? | News | LondonlovesBusiness.com

Was in the Sunday Times rich list magazine on Sunday.
Not even in the top 50 in the UK The UK's 50 biggest landowners revealed | lovemoney.com

The RSPB owns more land than Network Rail

Nope. I'd sell it and say 'enjoy Sir Branson'.
Get rid of even more infrastructure. It has served this country well so far!!

For what? You've had 3 goes at quoting me to respond with some facts to back your assertion, and singularly failed each time.

Jo Johnson's twitter was uninformed, even then he said they were the 4th not the 3rd.

Look at the post above.

Conclusive proof.

And I apologised and restated 4th.

SO how come they dont appear in any publication confirming that?

Apart from last weeks Sunday TImes?

Look at the post above.

Conclusive proof.

And I apologised and restated 4th.
Where's the conclusive proof? Conclusive proof would be a table showing the total area of land owned by the various organisations or individuals. A news item on a government website, probably thrown in by some civil servant lackey is not conclusive proof.

Where's the conclusive proof? Conclusive proof would be a table showing the total area of land owned by the various organisations or individuals. A news item on a government website, probably thrown in by some civil servant lackey is not conclusive proof.

This has them as 8th: Who owns England?

The Minister for Transport as them as 4th: Jo Johnson on Twitter

Some rail mag has them as 4th: DfT launches review as Network Rail told to stop axing trees this season

The Government has them as 4th: Rail Minister launches review of tree cutting alongside rail lines

I'm going to be quietly confident they're somwhere around 4th.

Back