EA PGA TOUR

Discopants91

Striker
Tiger's back! Minus the Tiger part.

Been 8 years since the car crash of that McIlroy game but this looks shit hot, all majors fully licensed.

Next gen only too so should look topper.

will probably give this a go on ps5. used to enjoy the tiger woods games when EA made it but didn't play one for quite a while. tried one of the 2k golf games on PS plus and thought it was very poor, graphics were crap. hopefully going back to EA will be a positive.

Trailer there looks great, but seems like it'll just be the same as all other golf games from a decade or more ago, just with better graphics.

Anyone pulled the trigger and bought it yet? I'm loathe to pay 60quid for it so will wait for it to drop in price
Can see this appearing on PS+ in a while, do defo not paying full price.

Might be in the minority here but I'm just not into the hyper realistic golf games. Some of the tiger woods ones where you could hit massive shots and control back spin and top spin in the air are the games for me. Just arcady kind of fun.

Can see this appearing on PS+ in a while, do defo not paying full price.

Might be in the minority here but I'm just not into the hyper realistic golf games. Some of the tiger woods ones where you could hit massive shots and control back spin and top spin in the air are the games for me. Just arcady kind of fun.

This one has the spin

I've given it a quick go before work this morning. There's obviously quite a lot to it that I haven't really had the chance to discover yet. An immediate drawback is when you create your character, you have a selection of heads to choose from where all you can customise are the eye colour and hair. Even on the last Tiger game 10 years ago you could do more than that.

Had a quick round at Pebble Beach, the graphics are really good, it feels as true to life as it can be. The gameplay will take some getting used to, I don't know if it's lag, but getting the timing right on the back swing is tricky.

Looking forward to getting more in depth with it and seeing what it can do. Will report back
Update after giving it a bit more time this evening. I'm enjoying it so far, the margins for error when you're just starting career mode are very noticeable. Mis-hits happen very easily, particularly on approach shots, but when you hit it just right, goes where it should.

They've got some of the on course dynamics quite well done, playing Pebble was target practice on the greens, whereas playing The Old Course in the Amateur Championship on career mode had the ball running for miles after landing, far too easy to run the ball through the green.

It's definitely been worth getting, I expect we'll see a few updates soon, hopefully including the character creation.

Last edited:
I've given it a quick go before work this morning. There's obviously quite a lot to it that I haven't really had the chance to discover yet. An immediate drawback is when you create your character, you have a selection of heads to choose from where all you can customise are the eye colour and hair. Even on the last Tiger game 10 years ago you could do more than that.

Had a quick round at Pebble Beach, the graphics are really good, it feels as true to life as it can be. The gameplay will take some getting used to, I don't know if it's lag, but getting the timing right on the back swing is tricky.

Looking forward to getting more in depth with it and seeing what it can do. Will report back
Update after giving it a bit more time this evening. I'm enjoying it so far, the margins for error when you're just starting career mode are very noticeable. Mis-hits happen very easily, particularly on approach shots, but when you hit it just right, goes where it should.

They've got some of the on course dynamics quite well done, playing Pebble was target practice on the greens, whereas playing The Old Course in the Amateur Championship on career mode had the ball running for miles after landing, far too easy to run the ball through the green.

It's definitely been worth getting, I expect we'll see a few updates soon, hopefully including the character creation.
What's the commentary like on the 2 k ones I found it as basic as you can get

What's the commentary like on the 2 k ones I found it as basic as you can get
So far it's reasonably good. I've only done the Amateur Championship and one round of the Masters in career mode, and there feels like a lot of bespoke commentary for those events specifically, although at the Am there were some references made to The Open which didn't feel right. I'll be interested to see if there's any course specific commentary at "lesser" events. The idea behind having Iona Stephen as an on course commentator is a good one, but so far all she's done is describe the read for the putts. With all the work they've done on the graphics, it would have been nice to have her on screen ;)

Played 1 hole while I couldn't sleep during night, double-bogie then turned it straight off. Seemed decent but having to keep pressing a button to approach your shot was annoying at times

Played 1 hole while I couldn't sleep during night, double-bogie then turned it straight off. Seemed decent but having to keep pressing a button to approach your shot was annoying at times
Aye, had a round online with me mate last night and having to press A/X every time to start taking your shot is crap, can’t skip any of the stupid cutscenes animations either.

I enjoyed it like 😂

I'm really enjoying it, got most of the coaching challenges done and all the Adidas sponsor challenges. What I'm finding most difficult is long range approach shots to the green. Unless I'm doing a finesse or a flop shot I nearly always over shoot the hole. Suppose it makes it more realistic compared to the old games where a 3 wood would stick to the green after 1 bounce. Putting is pretty easy with the targeting line on but some challenges its no line so you have to get close approach shots to stand a chance of completing them

Still 60 quid on pc but I'm itching to buy it. Worth it? Or do we think it'll drop in price already seen it's 36 on Xbox now might just pay 3 quid and play ten hours till it drops

Back