Dyson cordless

I’ve got a Dyson v8 n think it’s canny.

Came with 2 different heads for carpet and hard floor. Works fine for what I need. I try to keep on top of the cleaning mind so it’s probably not getting heavy use. Ideal for doing the car too.

It has a switch that boosts the power which really helps but frustratingly makes the battery drain twice as fast.

Absolute rubbish, OK for a quick brush round wooden floors, useless with carpet. Buy a Henry or a Hetty - they are amazing little things and a third the cost of Dyson.
Henry’s don’t even have the rotating brush for cleaning carpets
Cordless Hoover's take about 5 hrs to charge for about 30 minutes tops of use, not efficient in the slightest and the suction is shit compared to a corded Hoover.
Mains hoovers are limited on power by law now cordless aren’t

Last edited:
I hovered the entire house with our cordless v7 Dyson and was pissed off, went and bought a corded Vax, done the whole house again and filled the Vax. I'm never getting a Dyson Cordless again, I keep it for a quick run over the flooring and sucking up cat litter that they spill out the tray sometimes but the Vax for everywhere else.

Got one last year and i like it. Nice and light and picks up everything i need it to and got carpet throughout. Not got the suction of corded but no cord etc far outweighs that. Dont know why someone will want to hoover for more than 30 minutes anyway

Jesus christ, are people saying Dyson's suction is shite, do they have a Dyson? Or maybe they havent noticed the 'max' setting. It almost pulls the carpet off the floor! Granted it doesnt pull the nails out of the boards but f***ing hell.

Back